Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Basi,

Don't want to insult you or anything! But have you see photos on here of my Roxy? Do you think she may have Basenji in her? I will find some photos now in case you haven't?

Sorry, off topic!
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Basi,

Don't want to insult you anything! But have you see photos on here of my Roxy? Do you think she may have Basenji in her? I will find some photos now in case you haven't?

Sorry, off topic!
I can't remember! Post some anyway
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by basi View Post
I have to admit I was nervous but after I had done it I realised it was easy. I think as long as you give yourself plenty time you are ok.
I'll be nervous but, like you, once I've done it I'll probably realise that it wasn't that complicated at all. Oh yes, I'll make sure I have plenty of time.

My adopted "gran" thoughtfully suggested that I ask for special assistance while travelling, which means I'd get on the flight 10 minutes before everyone else. Thanks "gran".
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I'll be nervous but, like you, once I've done it I'll probably realise that it wasn't that complicated at all. Oh yes, I'll make sure I have plenty of time.

My adopted "gran" thoughtfully suggested that I ask for special assistance while travelling, which means I'd get on the flight 10 minutes before everyone else. Thanks "gran".
You will be fine

My mum had nver flown on her own until she started flying across here to see me while she left my dad dog sitting, now there is no stopping her
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I can't remember! Post some anyway
Here she is, 5th place; I'll try and find a headshot of her:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=88909

Obviously she's not a Basenji but she has some similarities of the tri colour. Several times I've had people say, "Oh, what a lovely Basenji" or "How old is the Basenji". And some of these comments have been from the judges/stewards at agility shows!

The noise she makes is also vey Basenji like. The only way I can describe it is a noise, not a bark.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:10 PM
You will be fine

My mum had nver flown on her own until she started flying across here to see me while she left my dad dog sitting, now there is no stopping her
Thanks.

Oh, good for your mum, the jet setter! I've just passed my driving test this year, so driving to the airport myself and flying myself should give me a boost!
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Here she is, 5th place; I'll try and find a headshot of her:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=88909

Obviously she's not a Basenji but she has some similarities of the tri colour. Several times I've had people say, "Oh, what a lovely Basenji" or "How old is the Basenji". And some of these comments have been from the judges/stewards at agility shows!

The noise she makes is also vey Basenji like. The only way I can describe it is a noise, not a bark.
I would say she could well have Basenji in her as she has the four white feet, white tip on her tail, just her overall outline looks very Basenji and also the tuck up of a Basenji . I Love her bushy curly tail
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Was that recently if so no but I think I know who bred it as they take it to the ringcraft up at the Tulloch Institute.
it was in the summer think it was a sunday,ididnt know they did ring craft up there
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I would say she could well have Basenji in her as she has the four white feet, white tip on her tail, just her overall outline looks very Basenji and also the tuck up of a Basenji . I Love her bushy curly tail
Yes, I think she might have too! We don't know where the long her on hair tail comes from, possible some sort of collie. Her overall hair on her body is slightly longer than a Basenjis, but her markings and body shape are very much Basenji looking. I love her tail too, and it has a bent bit at the top, it's not completely straight then curls up. She has the white chest too.

Our vets have a couple of Basenjis registered with them, but Roxy could have come from anywhere.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
it was in the summer think it was a sunday,ididnt know they did ring craft up there
Yes it is held on a Tuesday night up there, well it was, it has been a while since I was there. I know the people that have the Basenji in Perth don't drive so it probably was them. It's a shame I am not in Perth as you could have come to Crufts with me
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >