Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I don't see why she should post a pic of Merlins bite at all, just to settle a disagreement between members! (His merits seem to speak for themselves) He should be critiqued on the pics already provided (and excellent pics I may add )

Where has anyone else had to show their dogs bite on a critique?

Let's face it, he is of a different type to what we are used in in little old England. Because of this we get varying degrees of reaction to him!
AM no offence but a dogs bite is part of a critique if someone asked me to post a pic of my dogs I'd be only too happy to,xxxxxxxxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I would be only to happy to do this also.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Anne-Marie your correct there never will be such a thing as the perfect dobermann because everyone like something different about them. But my point is that I just don't believe he is good enough to be given an excellent 1 for his confirmation.

As I said if two totally different people can see what appears to be simple flaws in him just be looking at his photo's then something must be wrong somewhere.

I have never said he was a bad dog, but in my opinion just no where near as good as he has been awarded, and he wouldn't have a chance against a good German dog.
Which German Dog would that be? Can I ask what conformation faults you consider wrong in Merlin?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
AM no offence but a dogs bite is part of a critique if someone asked me to post a pic of my dogs I'd be only too happy to,xxxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
I would be only to happy to do this also.

Well, I have looked at quite a few (granted not all) of the critiques on here and cannot find one yet that shows 'correct bite'.

I agree the dogs bite is part of a 'real' judges critique, but haven't seen one shown in this section yet? Although I agree haven't gone through every single photo to check
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't think anyone has asked before.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Nope, I agree, not that I can see anyway.

In fact, just for the record:-

there have been 4 Dobie critiques that I can see:-

Colins Onyx

Surannon

Khan
mcgregorkh

and the latest one!!

But, going through ALL the critiques haven't seen anyone showing the correct bite yet
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm a complete novice with Doberman's, but might be able to see correct bite with a picture, however it is up to the op if she want's to post.xxxxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I thought he looked a tad undershot too, apart from that a very nice dog
Just out of curiosity have you ever owned a dobe before? As I said in post 20 I have had dobes in my life for 49 years, so believe me when I say that I know what I’m talking about concerning this breed of dog, and Merlin has got a undershot jaw.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
dont think anyone is condemning the dog, its could just be the angle of the shot, but to be honest when people use words such as condemning it makes it all look rather rude,

As said by others it could be the photo, I truely wish people would not put words in others mouths, I would say often you could tell from a head shot were the problem bad enough, as said this one is not,
The other thing is that I said in post 20 and I quote "but his lower jaw looks very slightly undershot, but that could just be the photo". At no point have I condemned the dog, as Minihaha seems to think. So please don't try to make my comments into something they are not.
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
What a lovely dog Merlin is
I don't know how anyone can tell if a dog is undershot from looking at a head shot I certainly couldn't and would need to see a picture of the the bite (and preferably to examine the dogs mouth to be sure before condemning it) ....
As far as I am concerned for anyone to to infer a dog has an undershot jaw is to condemn it . An undershot prognathic skelatal malocclusion is a genetic fault (excepting in the few breeds in which it is allowed) and any dog with this condition should not be bred from.

If I posted a picture of my dog in this section and someone without even seeing its mouth inferred it was undershot I would not be at all pleased to put it mildly!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I should think that the OP is in a corner somewhere with a blanket over her head, rocking gently back and forth. We may well have seen the last of her.

After this I shall definately not be putting any of my dogs up for critique here.

Dawn R.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 12:14 AM
If a dog enters a Show, unaware of what the Judge will think of their dog, they expect to get a written Critique from that Judge, whether it be good or bad, but honest, that is what you pay for.

I think this section is excellent as you may get several honest critiques from several people in various breeds for FREE !! which may or may not give you a better understanding of your dog, or what you could possibly improve, after all, if you didn't want a critique, you wouldn't post in this section in the first place.

Colin and others made a valid point regarding the dogs jaw, and whether or not it was worded correctly, the point is there and a point of a valid critique from any Judges point of view.

If I was to post one of mine in this section, I would expect an honest answer, even if unfavourable, THAT is what a critique is for......honesty !

The OP shouldn't be offended, she has a stunning dog, but a question has arisen, and if she were in a Show, I think she would simply show the dog's bite, it's not something to be concerned with, unless there is something to hide !
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »