View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Exactly Malady, by reintroducing any of the founder breeds they go back to be nothing more than crosses (NI crosses) & the type & temprement that it has taken so long to achieve will no longer be there. It is very wrong of TIDA to do this, its misleading the public into thinking their dogs are something their not.

I did write 2 previous posts (for which I have proof) regarding the bad practices of some of the TIDA members but they were removed instantly & Azz still has not graced me with an awnser as to why.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Anyhoo, if we can get back on topic any more thoughts on entries to Companion and other unafilliated fun shows ? :smt001
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Anyhoo, if we can get back on topic any more thoughts on entries to Companion and other unafilliated fun shows ? :smt001
i checked up with the kennel club to see if northern inuits were eligable for the pedigree classes at companion show,and dispite chairperson of the inuit dog assosiation telling all there members they have a right to entre,they havent under kc rules.only novelty classes
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham View Post
this dosnt suprise me at all,the chairperson of the inuit dog assocation has also gave unregisterd dogs made up pedigrees,not to mention the appaling way her dogs are kept .she should be stopped.
If any TIDA members have any qualms or reservations about the pedigree of their dog(s) you are entitled to free dog related legal advice as a benefit of membership. This was never brought up at any committee meeting and so I can only advise you to contact TIDA to confirm how to proceed with any dog related problems you may have.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham View Post
i checked up with the kennel club to see if northern inuits were eligable for the pedigree classes at companion show,and dispite chairperson of the inuit dog assosiation telling all there members they have a right to entre,they havent under kc rules.only novelty classes
Well, I can`t really comment on hearsay [ he said she said ], but I did mention on post 28 that unrecognised breeds are not eligible in the formal Pedigree classes.
If I knew that, I wonder why the Chair did`nt - but lets not go there, this is a thread about Companion shows so we should stick to what we here know and think about the topic, not what someone who is`nt here cant attest to
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
If any TIDA members have any qualms or reservations about the pedigree of their dog(s) you are entitled to free dog related legal advice as a benefit of membership. This was never brought up at any committee meeting and so I can only advise you to contact TIDA to confirm how to proceed with any dog related problems you may have.

Hi Guys, let's stay on topic please, this thread is about "Official KC Companion Shows - your thoughts on eligibility...". Thanks!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Firstly there seems to be discussion what can or cannot be entered in a KC Licensed Companion Dog Show. At the end of the day the KC make the rules and the person organising the event and the person judging have to abide by these. Otherwise like any other KC show, a complaint can be made.
Secondly it was commented earlier that any dog with their stud book number CANNOT enter the pedigree classes. This is incorrect, a stud number gained by a CC, RCC or JW I agree cannot enter, HOWEVER, a dog gaining his Stud book by being placed 1st/2nd or 3rd (this varies on breed band etc) in certain classes can still enter the pedigree classes at a Companion dog show.
Finally to sum up, the whole point of a Companion Dog Show is to raise money for a worthy charity. Yes there are those that take it far too seriously, but in the main, people go for a fun day out knowing they are contributing to a worthy cause. It is this that needs to be remembered. Why are people so concerned over the pedigree classes, do they mean so much?? I do realise that there will be a mix of handlers and pet owners in the pedigree classes. Speaking as someone that has judged a show. I have to place the dog on construction, confirmation and movement against their breed standard so yes sometimes the good handler does take the top honours as they move their dog the best. However for those that don't I try and give them the opportunity to get the best out of their dogs. In the main, the pet owners who are out for the day are just having a laugh. They don't care if they get placed or not. To be frank it's not the pet owners you here moaning it's the people that show their dogs and spit their dummies out if their precious dog doesn't go Best in Show. For those people I have very little time as they don't get what the whole event is about if they think winning is everything.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Firstly there seems to be discussion what can or cannot be entered in a KC Licensed Companion Dog Show. At the end of the day the KC make the rules and the person organising the event and the person judging have to abide by these. Otherwise like any other KC show, a complaint can be made.
Secondly it was commented earlier that any dog with their stud book number CANNOT enter the pedigree classes. This is incorrect, a stud number gained by a CC, RCC or JW I agree cannot enter, HOWEVER, a dog gaining his Stud book by being placed 1st/2nd or 3rd (this varies on breed band etc) in certain classes can still enter the pedigree classes at a Companion dog show.
Finally to sum up, the whole point of a Companion Dog Show is to raise money for a worthy charity. Yes there are those that take it far too seriously, but in the main, people go for a fun day out knowing they are contributing to a worthy cause. It is this that needs to be remembered. Why are people so concerned over the pedigree classes, do they mean so much?? I do realise that there will be a mix of handlers and pet owners in the pedigree classes. Speaking as someone that has judged a show. I have to place the dog on construction, confirmation and movement against their breed standard so yes sometimes the good handler does take the top honours as they move their dog the best. However for those that don't I try and give them the opportunity to get the best out of their dogs. In the main, the pet owners who are out for the day are just having a laugh. They don't care if they get placed or not. To be frank it's not the pet owners you here moaning it's the people that show their dogs and spit their dummies out if their precious dog doesn't go Best in Show. For those people I have very little time as they don't get what the whole event is about if they think winning is everything.

Nobody here is contesting what the show is about and as we all seem to have entered a few, are well aware of it..............but the thread is about "eligibility at KC Affiliated show" and therefore this relates directly to those not adhering to the rules and regulations
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Nobody here is contesting what the show is about and as we all seem to have entered a few, are well aware of it..............but the thread is about "eligibility at KC Affiliated show" and therefore this relates directly to those not adhering to the rules and regulations
Seems to me some people have forgotton. If people are worried whether their are better dogs in the class or better handlers then they don't get what the show is all about.
If a show is KC lincensed there is no discussion. You follow their rules if you chose to obtain a license from them.
The choice is whether you go or not.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Seems to me some people have forgotton. If people are worried whether their are better dogs in the class or better handlers then they don't get what the show is all about.
If a show is KC lincensed there is no discussion. You follow their rules if you chose to obtain a license from them.
The choice is whether you go or not.
Nobody hear has mentioned being worried about better dogs or handlers

The discussion (even tho you think there isn't one !) is about people who enter classes they are NOT eligible for and Judges who turn a blind eye, or aren't aware of the rules themselves !

....and we are all entitled to an opinion of how we feel about that
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 27 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »