Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
To me its not about winning a rosette, its enjoying a day out with my best friends and helping a charity at the same time

Hi Sheree I agree and if you took the handsome Bradley along he could sell his snuggly hugs and donate the proceeds to the charity. I for one would donate gladly.
Aww thanks Eunice
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
By `which level of Show dog ` I mean those which have had some wins in Showing, bearing in mind there are already Rules on this at KC Companion shows as you rightly mention, but not at unaffiliated shows.
My apologies, I could have been clearer in my original post :smt001
No apology needed :smt001

What wins do you mean Patch? Best of breeds? best puppies? How much winning and at what level do you personally think should be too much for a dog NOT to be shown at a companion show?
Dawn.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No apology needed :smt001

What wins do you mean Patch? Best of breeds? best puppies? How much winning and at what level do you personally think should be too much for a dog NOT to be shown at a companion show?
Dawn.
Me personally ?
Heck, let `em all in as far as I`m concerned
My reasons for thinking that way mainly are :

1] The more who enter classes the more gets raised for charities,

2] Its all extra practise for the Show ring for dog and handler

3] Given the decisions I`ve seem some judges make [ bearing in mind the spirit of what are supposed to be informal *fun* shows first and foremost ], someone having a dog winning well in the formal Breed ring is no guarantee of a Rosie at a fun show anyway

4] people new to Showing can learn a lot from watching the more experienced, many of whom are happy to be generous with tips and hints, possibly more approachable too at a fun show because the atmosphere is far less intense than a formal Breed show.

Besides, norty as it is, I did once enjoy seeing the owner of a former Crufts BIS winner being beaten in every class with his other dogs at a fun show, he was a real pot hunter, totally up his own backside, and was appalling to his dogs for which he got reported to the Show sec as well [ yep, reported by me and I made sure he knew it, and he`s lucky there were too many eyes about or I`d have had a private....chat...with the swine :smt077 ]
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Your right Patch (wow someone take a note of the date heheh ). Ive told all my puppy buyers who fancy showing to go to companion shows as I think people who show are more laid back and able to help, at champ shows with more than ne dog it can be really manic, and although we dont mean to be rude I'm sure we can come across that way.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Your right Patch (wow someone take a note of the date heheh ).
Heh, the list of people joining me on the dark side by agreeing with me here and there is growing nicely bwahahahaha
:smt096 :smt096 :smt096

Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Well I'm offended!!

Pedigree in its own right means traceable history & bred pure. Northern Inuits in their own right are pedigree's they have a traceable history right back to the very first dogs ever used, and are only bred to other Northern Inuits (as has been the case for a very long time now) they are pure bred.

I can understand us not being elligable for some of the more specific classes (such as working, or named breed classes etc) but in an open pedigree class for all different breeds of pedigree dog to be shown in the same ring I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed in.

Regarding organisers & judges not saying anything, have you ever stopped to think that it may have been those people who actually told the owners they were elligable to enter the pedigree classes?

I have taken my NI's to many a companion show, I don't just go ahead & enter my dogs into pedigree classes because I feel they should be allowed, at these avents I always approcach the organisers & judge & politely explain that my dogs are not a KC registered breed, dog have society pedigree's (full traceble history) & are bred pure NI to NI, at some shows they tell me that yes in that case my dogs are eligable & other they tell me I am not, I don't get offended eather way & still do the novelty classes.

I actually attended one show where I was told I was elligable for a mixed pedigree class (which I entered) the judge was very interested in my dog but didn't place it after someone ran in the ring & told the judge I was not to be placed as NI's don't qualify as a pedigree .

Yes you eligible for a mixed pedigree class, but as Patch has already mentioned, it's not about heritage, it's about a KC Aff show having rules about the Eligibility of dogs to be KC registered, whether they are registered or not, they need to be at least ELIGIBLE ! NI's, Utes, Labdodls etc are NOT eligible in the KC AFF Pedigree classes because they have no breed standard to refer to, as these classes are Judged on the standards of each breed.

As for all Ni's being only pure bred to Ni's, that I know for fact is untrue. I have 2 NI Breeders who live locally to me and I know they have both used Huskies to 'fix' something they want. They have openly admitted this to me and I know of many more that have done the same. I also know of people selling GSD x Husky puppies and calling them NIs and the general public are none the wiser. There are many crosses around at the moment, especially in my part of the Country and a lot of them are called either Northern Inuits or British Inuits and I know the breeders and dogs they come from, although I fail to see the difference, when the dogs are all crosses from the same original lines. Before making a statement on somewhere like here that the general public see, that all NIs are bred to NIs you or the association need to put a stop to all the people crossing anything with a Husky and calling it an 'Inuit'.

ANY non KC Recognised breed is NOT allowed in a Pedigree class at a KC Aff show, and regardless of your own feelings of being 'offended' those are the rules, like it or not.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Malady I found your post very interesting. Both myself and my OH are committee members of the inuit dog association and several weeks ago questioned them about various points, one of which was an intention to register an unplanned litter of unhealth checked NI x husky. Since that time we have been blanked by the committee and both ourselves and our family have been blocked from the chairpersons forum with no replies to our questions??? We also asked to view the database and were refused?? I would like to make clear I am talking about the inuit dog association here and are in no way accusing the NIS of doing the same.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Abbie what you have said has not surprised me one bit. All NI people I have ever met and spoken to don't seem to have a problem with this kind of breeding and again cross breeding, which I thought was against their own beliefs of the Inuit breeding programme.

I don't understand the difference between the Northern and British Inuits and fail to see how either will ever gain any recognition for as long as people are crossing dogs and calling them this breed. 1 lady I know breeds them, said she would openly refuse any DNA testing to prove the heritage of her dogs and when I asked why, she said because they weren't pure dogs, and it would show up.

I don't have any problems with the 'breed' itself, I do however have a problem with people inadvertently buying a puppy they think is a purebred puppy that originated from the Inuit people of Alaska, because I've also heard this line told to potential pup owners too. The Inuit dog is not gaining any respect for itself. If only these breeders were honest about the dog, it would do them heaps of justice.

Anyhow, I didn't think crossbreed litters could be registered with either the NIS or the IDA ????? I thought they could only register purebred litters from NI to NI !
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Anyhow, I didn't think crossbreed litters could be registered with either the NIS or the IDA ????? I thought they could only register purebred litters from NI to NI !
TIDA will register NI x anything!! or at least Ute if nothing else. They also state on their site they will allow the crossing of NI's back to the founder breeds

The NIS in no way condones this & within the NIS we do not allow the crossing of NI's with any other breed, crosses are not elligable for registration & nor are litters from dogs with known health problems.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Aaah right, I wasn't aware of that. I certainly don't agree with the use of founder breeds and how can they possible get what they want when they only know 3 of 5 of them ???

Thanks for that anyway
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »