View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Sorry, complete novice here, please put up with me.

Your affix is that your kennel name registered with the kc.

My newfie puppie is from coochicoo newfoundlands so is coochicoo the affix. Or are you talking about something else
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes if they have registered the name, your new pup will be Coochicoo Whatever! (what a great name!)
Any puppy I breed and register with the KC will be Mahooli put words of your choice here!
Becky
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks mahooli, thought i knew what you were all talking about but just needed to check.

Yes she is registered and her full name is coochicoo virginia rose....lovely isn't it!!!

The only thing that threw me is a lot of you have talked about just getting your affix and yet i thought they had been breeding for a long time and would have affix's sorted.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm on my second affix but I think many people have had theirs an awful long time!
Becky
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:35 PM
AAAhhhh i am with you all now. My friend has bred dogs for over 35 years and has always kept the same kennel name although she swapped from breeding the lassie dogs (sorry don't know there proper name) to newfies but because the affix related to her name and not the type she was breeding she just carried on with the same affix.

But thinking about it you may need to change affix if she had related it to the type of dogs. Or i suppose if you just needed a change. thanks i am a bit slow this morning! Left in bed by hubby until 11.30 it really does me no good!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I actually dont add my affix to dogs I have bought in. I like to leave them be, I did it to one of my dogs with my old affix (Wilhen Enchanted Light over Jerakeen) and regret it now. None of the others will be done.
Becky
I have not added my affix to the dogs I have bought in more so as they would be to long to fit in entry forms lol
javladare son of a witch for darcguard, in that wee tiny box would be to much like hard work,,,,, lol
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Yes there's that too, Wilhen Enchanted Light over Jerakeen is rather long!
Becky
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 04:46 PM
I wanted Wynterwolf but it was already taken.. as my Sam is from Wyntermyst and my Mal is from Snowolf..

But.. alas...*sigh*..

So it's now WintaIce..

So they would be..

Wyntermyst Bound For Glory at WintaIce
Snowolf Walk The Line for WintaIce

poor Lola has now affix or posh name (that we know of) so we will just call her WintaIce's Lola Belle so she doens't feel left out
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 06:02 PM
You can register her on teh activities register as that if you like!
Becky
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 08:53 PM
its ELOQUENCE of course!!

just had my certificate through before christmas so it may change yet!!! but i hope it wont - i like Eloquence, i've kind of got used to it now.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >