View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Not sure what your objecting to, we were asked what the rules are and we have stated them. Then people choose to turn the thread into a discussion of if it is necessary to obey rules or not.

This is not a thread about breeds it is about rules. If you wish to talk about a particular breed or crossbreeds then start a thread about it, this is about the rules of licensed companion shows.

As to your White Longhaired GSD, I have no special feeling about that at all, if it is registered then you can show it in any KC show from Companion to Championship, if it is not registered you will have to limit yourself to Companion shows.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:58 AM
All I see here are swings and roundabouts..

If it's a companion fun show, then i can't see what the fuss is about.

If it was a serious show, then yes, I can.

Read through the entire thread - crazy
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
All I see here are swings and roundabouts..

If it's a companion fun show, then i can't see what the fuss is about.

If it was a serious show, then yes, I can.

Read through the entire thread - crazy

Thank you, thats my point entirely. If we were talking Open or Champ shows things would be different.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks Bodhi i think you've just hit the nail on the head. We are indeed not talking about what most people in the dog world class as 'serious' shows, we are just talking about a bit of fun for charity.

As i've already said i wish people would just leave the whole issue now. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and at the end of the day i spoke to the people in charge of the event and they have said they are more than happy for her to go in the pedigree class. This doesnt mean that all companion shows are happy to have NI or patterdales etc etc in the pedigree classes it just means this one is. They are just as happy for my rescued lab to go in there. Although there is no proof he is actually pedigree either, and i only know what the rescue told me and they only know what the owners said when they dumped him!

Anyway, can we not all just leave it at that please?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Sorry but the first post asked what the rules were, and that question was answered. If people decide that rules do not apply to them or are of no importance, which seems to be the suggestion, OK their choice.

Rules are not open to question, ones reaction to them is.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Ok well perhaps the rules are unclear or there is a grey area which means they become open to interpretation. At the end of the day the event organiser consulted her brand new copy of the KC rules and regs while i waited on the phone (and i stressed several times i wasnt bothered if she wasnt allowed to enter and i didnt want anyone to get in trouble if there was a chance of it). And she came back saying she could be entered.
That as far as im concerned is the end of it. They are the people in charge of the event and as i see it they are the people enforcing the rules. I dont know the rules, they do. If they say it is ok for this event then it is. I dont consider myself to be breaking any rules or cheating by entering her.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I thought the companion shows were meant to be fun?

Taking it so seriously kind of destroys that element.

Why not save the stringent rules for the serious shows when it counts towards something?

Surely the only thing to gain from a comapnion show is a rosette, and unless you are 5 years old, I would have thought being beaten by a NI would not be an issue at all..

May the best dog win
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Companion Show organisers are able to schedule classes as they see fit but if they have classes for registered breed dogs then that is what it means, no confusion, the dogs must be of a breed registered with the KC, they must not have won a CC, RCC or JW, and they must be over 6 months think that is clear. There are however shows that are not licensed with the KC and they will do what ever they like as KC rules do not apply.

If you want the full regulations for the running of a licensed companion show see the KC regulations for Companion Dog Show (F[3]) If I am asked a question I give the answer, if a different answer is required I am not able to help.

PS I have nothing against dogs and breeds that are not registered with the KC and they can and do organise their own events but it is unfair and stupid to ask a breed judge to judge a dog for which there is no approved and recognised breed standard.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Pita and myself have simply pointed out the rules...which was what was asked for.
I would like to say 2 things...
1/ When I attend c ompanion shows its not for practice(my boys and daughter don't need it ) its to support charity and for a day out.However I rarely do them any more because I find more bitchiness than at champ shows!!
2/ the idea of being beaten by a NI is no more important than being beaten by any other dog.I have had top judges in the counrty go over my dogs and place them well..why should I be concerned what some TV personality etc thinks???
I find it offensive that when the rules are pointed out some people see it as an assault against their 'breed' and chose to ignore it.Maybe it is just for fun but if rules are there then they should be abided by.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 01:15 PM
But.. ok.

If the dogs that enter need no papers, then who's to say that they are even pedigree?

I could take Bodhi and claim she is pedigree lab (I wouldn't get very far though )

And are these comps split into different breed sections or do all dogs go together?

If the latter is the case, breed is irrelevent and finding a sounddog is more important surely? As I am assuming that many of these non papered dogs entering are not going to be up to ANY kind of standard?

Fair enough, rules are rules, but there is no need to dot ever i and cross every t when the whole POINT of the thing is to raise money for charity?!!

I mean, I am pretty sure the rules of pin the tail of the donkey are quite straight forward, but we've all bent them a bit and guided the child, for the sake of FUN and CHARITY.

If you see my point.

Crikey, if there is this much uproar at the grass roots fun level, I cringe to think how much it is increased the more serious it gets....

Seems to me that people have perhaps been bad losers in the past to be such sticklers for the rules? Not implying anyone HERE has been, but for people to inists that a charity/fun/companion show is SO strict...

Sad really
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >