View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 10:03 PM
poor kristina lol, sorry lass, dont get upset, i have been around dogs, including show dogs, i bred and showed my border terriers, for years and i can honestly say that theres more bitching and backstabbing goes on around the ring than you would believe, you just enjoy vienna and murph and take no notice of anyone else's opinion, the N.I comes in for a lot of flack here, but most folk love em
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
ps, have fun at the show, its for charity at the end of the day
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by Archer
Why is that offensive? I purchased 3 of my boys specifically for the ring and yet they are the most loved pampered pooches you could meet.
Cos it sounded like or made me feel as though unless i bought her with the intent to show her i shouldnt be entering shows (even if they are for charity and a bit of fun)
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 07:09 AM
To try to make my views clear, it is none of my business what dogs other people own, or if they wish to call them pedigree or recognised or not, the only thing that concerns me is the total ignoring of the rules. Must say I find it hard to accept how people think the rules are only for other people and if it does not suit them then the will ignore them even if in doing so they could effect other people. KC regs F3.72 [5f] Exhibitors and officials at Companion Dog shows shall be subject to Kennel Club Rule A42
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Surely it is up to the Judge to decide? Is their say not final??
Frontera
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Pita
To try to make my views clear, it is none of my business what dogs other people own, or if they wish to call them pedigree or recognised or not, the only thing that concerns me is the total ignoring of the rules. Must say I find it hard to accept how people think the rules are only for other people and if it does not suit them then the will ignore them even if in doing so they could effect other people. KC regs F3.72 [5f] Exhibitors and officials at Companion Dog shows shall be subject to Kennel Club Rule A42
i think its very sad that you feel you have to make such an issue out of someone taking there pet northern inuit to a show, a show that is raising money for charity.im going to hopefullypick a puppy this weekend [northern inuit] and if they never get kc recognition as a breed it would not put me off owning one,becouse to me they are the perfect family pet,and what a friendly bunch of people northern inuit owners are and really helpful.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:36 AM
It has nothing to do with it being a NI it could be a Cockerpoo, a Labradoodle, an ISBT or any other of the 'breeds' people have. We know that some of the money raised goes to charity and there are always plenty of classes for the un-recognised breeds to go into if the object is to give to charity.

If there is a class for say a rescue dog is it ok to pretend that your dog is a rescue even if you know it is not, of course not, and the same applies to classes put on for registered breeds.

We were asked what the rules were and I answered that question, it was then suggested that the rules need not be obeyed, it is that fact that I find I have a problem with because in my book if rules are not obeyed the there is no point in having any and in the end the companion show would cease to exist as it would just become a get-together and a free for all.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:13 AM
I have been at companion shows where Patterdales and Plummer Terriers have both been asked NOT to enter in the pedigree classes, as they are not a UK recognised registered breed.
Dawn.
Frontera
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-07-2006, 09:19 AM
a rescue dog is a dog that has been rescued. what is a northern inuit???????? yep you know dam well what it is and so dose everyone else.i thought this was suppose to be a really friendly forum,more like friendly if you conform to your way ofthinking,and dont rock the boat over non kc breeds.
by the way my gsd is a long coated white,and yes i am a member of the longcoats and white club,bet youve got a lot of negativity to say about them as well.
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:25 AM
oh I didn't realise you were a member of the White and Longcoats as well - so am I.

Seems to me that they just want to monopolise dog shows and don't like being beaten. They've got Open, Limit and Champ shows - all that un recognised breeds have got are the fun Companion Dog Shows. Where else are they supposed to show their dogs? Recognised breeds ONLY use Companion dog shows as practice - they are not interested in supporting a charity - they are practicing for the big shows.

Well, we go to Companion dog shows to get our dogs seen by the public - and to practice for the day that we can compete on even terms at Open and Champ shows and will take them by storm when we do.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >