Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by sutty
ps, it seems to me that you are forgetting the word 'companion' my dogs are companions, so why are you getting so het up about the shows that are primarily supposed to be fun,not really competitive.if people are going to be so upset about non kc breeds going in to companion shows, why dont they stick to their open and champ shows where they might not feel so threatened.
Could not agree more all shows should be fun but all shows have rules and it is against the spirit of the 'sport' to knowingly break the rules, to say nothing of being unfair to the other exhibitors and the judge.
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Sutty I agree with your comments entirely - the emphasis of Companion Dogs Shows is FUN - yet most of the breed class exhibitors only use the classes as practice for their dogs then leave the show - they don't stay to take part in the fun/novelty classes.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Pita
Sutty I did not say you were cheating only you know the circumstances, I said it is cheating to say you have a recognised breed and to enter classes for recognised breeds when you are fully aware that the animal you are entering is not qualified.

It does not matter what the breed is, the rules at the moment as far as I know say it must be a recognised breed and it matters not what other do it is breaking the rules to enter a dog that is not recognised. How can a judge be expected to judge a 'breed' for which there is no officially published standard.
may i emphasise that when i entered a companion show, which was heldat a funday for a well known dog rescue scheme, i fully explained to the organisers that my dog was not a kc recognised breed and that i was unsure about which classes i could enter, i was told that i could enter any of the classes and i did so, if i had been informed to the contrary, then i would have not entered.
Frontera
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-07-2006, 01:12 PM
the first time i saw a northern inuit it was at a companion dogshow,and it won best in show,i remember the dogs name was echo,she was stunning,everyone thought so as she seemed to have a permanant crowd round her and camras flashing at her
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Sutty I was only told once at one particular show that my dogs could not enter.

At another show I was in the ring and the officials were heading my way and I thought "Here we go" - they asked me what breed my dog was so that if I won they wouldn't look silly by not being able to announce it on the loudhailer. I went on to get RBIS.

Dogs don't have to be KC registered to enter Companion Dog Shows.
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Hey Frontera - that must of been me with my Echo!
Frontera
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
o my god ,you gave us your phone number but i lost it,have been serching round shows for you ever since,you probably wont remember us as you had so many people wanting to talk to you about the dogs, but the good news is were going to see a couple of breeders in newark this weekend, and one of them has a litter of puppys
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Er no, sorry I don't remember anyone called Frontera - but good luck visiting the breeders in Newark - I think I know who you will be seeing.

If you need any help just give me a shout and if you want to come over and see my gang email me or send me a PM.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 03:14 PM
WOW well i certainly didnt think i'd be opening a can or worms like that one! I hope my lack of knowledge hasnt caused problems.

Firstly it does say on the poster no Challenge Certificate, Reserve CC or Junior Warrant allowed in the pedigree classes.

I didnt think i would be allowed to put Vienna in the puppy class (any variety pedigree) but seeing as other NI owners have been allowed before and there seems to be a grey area surrounding it i will ring the event organisers and speak directly to them. If they need to contact the KC im sure they will do as i expect them to be aware of any rules surrounding the issue. It is a charity event but i dont want to cause any problems for anyone.

If she's not allowed its no problem, im sure she can go in the novelty classes. At the end of the day it is for charity and just for a bit of fun and good experience for both her and Murphy (and me lol).

I really hope this thread hasnt upset anyone for it certainly wasnt meant to!

P.S if you are visiting the same breeders in Newark that i did dont worry you will be in very good hands lol. And if you meet him you must give a certain one blue/ one brown eyed boy a big kiss from me and Vienna lol
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Kristina - I have emailed you.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »