Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi Emma,
Rio used to do that, in fact she still does on occasions. she would walk up the mat, turn, and walk so far back down, then stop dead. It didn't seem to matter what I did, she wouldn't move. I'd end up just calling her in an exciting voice, and literally dragging her to me, then loads of praise and treats.
It's obviously working as she hardly does it now.
She did it at an outside show once, when I was doing a triangle, I could of killed her But she still came first, so it wasn't all bad.

Mitch.
jayne
Dogsey Senior

15-09-2004, 09:31 PM
lel.....yep always staffs...but wen lived at home with parents had 2 st bernards...... western... yep taking 3 there....going off libs breeding im sure she will be type the judge likes...good luck...im sure you will enjoy the show...after you have been in class lol...see you there...ill be watching ...and learning...
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 09:32 PM
she looked SO miserable when she stopped and she just would not move, i am taking her to a different one tomorrow night and i really want her to enjoy it we are in a show in 3 weeks time and i really want her to enjoy the experience
jayne
Dogsey Senior

15-09-2004, 09:41 PM
well emma sounds like youve had a good night....mmmmmmmm !!!right what i would poss try is (and rem this dont be frightened to try something new at handling classes...this is place to experiment) after you have stood her and are about to walk her...just ignore her dont speak to her just set off walking.... wen you get to bottom..just turn round ignore her and walk back down..if she goes up and down..praise her loads once you have fin...also wen you walk her up and down...you just stroll along beside her as if you were going for a walk at home lead loosely beside her...if that dosnt work try this....if she walks down mat ok but wont walk back up...you need to find treat she likes...wether sausage/cheese/biscuit/what ever... wen you turn at bottom and are facing ready to come back down...again ignore her and give her big piece ov treat...this way she is too bizzy eating as you walk to realize shez down the mat back at beginin..and if that dosnt work try this..... dont walk up and down the mat walk up and down the floor or do a triangle...no mat...look forward to hearing if any ov theese work...if not ill tell you more tomorro night...good luck..xx
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 09:44 PM
thanx Jayne i will try anything at the minute, i am sure she does not like the half check collar so tomorrow i am going to try her normal staffie collar with the short lead, but i do think that she prefers to know that she is on a longer lead even though she will walk to heal on it so i will be trying loads of different things !!

Emma
xxxxx
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Jayne
im sure you will enjoy the show...after you have been in class lol...see you there...ill be watching ...and learning...
dont watch I'll be a laughing stock - shes a right little madam is our Libs
jayne
Dogsey Senior

15-09-2004, 10:58 PM
ok lel...wont watch will just peep lol.... guess your in minor pup...dont forget judging at western starts early...9.15am.... think were all staying down on the night time after show...party time win or loose....
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2004, 11:01 PM
dont forget judging at western starts early...9.15am
I know I'll be the one with the HUGE bags under her eys and grey from worry-

mind you at this rate my two wont even make it - injury week isnt in it!!
jayne
Dogsey Senior

15-09-2004, 11:03 PM
chill...there staffords....there ment to make us worry lol..just noticed...only 4 ov us on line at min...all stafford owners lol...
pete
Almost a Veteran

15-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Lel just took cody to ringcraft at northwest stb club and cody loved it, so did i,i got loads of tips and everyone was really helpfull .Iwas talkin to a lad from runcorn there who said he new you from deaside his name was russ
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »