Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Maybe because she's grown heightwise first,
She gets away with it in the puppy class, but if she doesn't start to fill out, she's going to look a bit out of place in junior.

we had the same thing with Gus- he always looked immature even in puppy!! we dreaded him going in Junior but even when he looked a leggy titch next to some of the bigger more mature dogs, he did better in Junior with regard to placings than he did in puppy - and believe me he did look immature next to some- like he didnt belong in the class- but he was still picked above some of them
Her time will come
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Do you think two puppies out the same litter can mature at different rates?
It's just that Rio is 11 months, and still quite lean. When I see other bitches her age that are much more developed, I always think well they are from a different line and they all mature at different rates, so she's still got time to fill out.
But now I've seen her litter sister, and she has developed more than Rio, head and body wise. so it makes me think, if she was going develope , she would have by now.
Hope that makes sense.

Mitch.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Do you think two puppies out the same litter can mature at different rates?
dont worry - honestly she will fill out in her own time.

Gus's brother was much bigger than him when younger - noticeably so-although Gus was the bigger pup when we collected him.
Gus certainly took his time but now at nearly two is finally "there" with regards to growing - just took us ages getting there thats all
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks Lel, thats helped.
It's just that I thought with them being from the same litter, you'd think they would develope at the same rate.

Mitch.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Hi Mitch

when i first thought about showing Leo i started taking him to ring craft, i met a friend there with a red pup about 8 days older then Leo, they are both from the same line,
Leo was very tall with no size to his head or chest, the other dog (levi) looked like an adult,
Leo did not stop growing until he was about 2.2years (i hope he has stopped),
from the pic of Rio she has a good size head and her chest will come,
remember a lot of stafford grown until they are at least 2
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Thanks Bobby,
But I think photo's are decieving, It's her head that worries me the most. It is really small towards others her age and younger. But I must admit it's a great shape, so when it does come (IF) it will be cracking.
And I seriously think it's because she's tall, that she still looks so narrow, if she was a bit shorter she'd look broader.

But saying all that, Toesy's got a good sized head and a cracking body (so a lot of judges have said) but really Rio looks better in the ring as she's got a lot more show presence. Toesy doesn't enjoy it, and it shows.
Even last Tuesday at a club match aginst EBT, the judge said, does he always look that miserable.
I'm sure he'd do really well if he was alert in the ring. cos he get commented on all the time (by people that know what they are talking about)

Mitch.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 11:48 AM
i agree with you that pic can be decieving, but if she has a good shape then that should be ok, a lot of bitches dont get to have big heads,

i know what you mean when they tend to go up first rather than out. why dont u try her in junior classes just to see how she goes.
jayne
Dogsey Senior

13-09-2004, 10:31 PM
hello mitch...what ever class you decide you know where i am if you need a hand...with either...id have a go with toesy and get some life in him....as for rios head...shez got the perfect head for me...after skc show...lots ov dif people came to me and commented on her...1 person even said...shez good enough to be a champion !!! which i also think...dont worry ill be giving you a schedule wen they judge !!! see you tues night and ill have a go with toesy for you....jayne.xx
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks Jayne,
Didn't realize you'd had so many comments, thats great.
But you really did show her off to her best.
Please do have a go with Toesy, cos I feel like giving up on him, not because I don't think he's good enough cos I do, but I just don't think the show ring is for him. You might be able to prove me wrong.
See you tonight, and I'll keep you to your word

Mitch.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 09:16 AM
how do you get them to enjoy it though ?
Gus would rather be off playing with the other dogs
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »