Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
As I said, I haven't watched all the coverage (yet).

Did Mary Ray do her usual demo?
She did - it was very well received
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
The coverage really irks me. Thank goodness for Sky +! I'm not interested in all the waffle, I just want the dog show! where was the obedience? I didn't see any. I would have liked to have seen some coverage from the Gamekeepers ring (the showing in the gamekeepers ring, not the gundog demonstration), too. I would have also have liked to have seen the full coverage of the breed judging and not just showing a short snippet of each breed here and there.

I watched Westminster on TV when I was in America a few years ago now and thought the coverage was excellent. No silly presenters prancing around waffling about rubbish most people are not interested in, just 100% dog showing.
Agree with you too!

This year I thought Thursday was quieter around the arenas, but the trade stands to mee seemed busier, but there were, to me many of the same types of stand this year More expensive I think this year.

But there were many more more chatty, positive people at the dog breed stands and stalls, although did see a few snotty nosed type people and their dogs. Pushed out the way by many people too

Dogs on the whole were happy, healthy and less exagerated I think.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh god I hope not, if she did thank goodness I missed it, there was a brief moment I saw a man frolicking round with his pooch, but I turned it off!
was there any need for that post? It WAS a nice thread about the positives. That (as you know) was just a deliberate dig at a different sport that you dont like of understand

As for the agility - it is up to the individual partnership to asses what they think of the flooring
I watched a few runs and didnt see dogs slipping, as people have said they have seen some then I dont doubt that it happend, but the floor surface wouldnt have been unsuitible for many partnerships, as people have said crufts people tend not to bother to take their fast dogs because the floor is not suited to that kind of running
Not all dogs at agility run flat out, different courses and different conditions suit different dogs better
I have a friend with a much faster dog than Ben, he is tunring way faster, putting more force on the floor and more likely to find a surface slippery - so he pulls his dog from shows before I pull ben who is much more suited to twisty turny courses because he is thinking and being careful

To say everyone should pull out because some dogs slipped is IMO wrong, the floor and the course would have suited some dogs perfectly

I am glad there were so many positives, it is nice to read about them. Hopefullly people can keep the thread ON topic now and stop just trying to score points
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I did notice that the commentators were stressing `fit for function` a lot and certainly there seemed to be less exaggerated types winning.
I noticed that too - looks like they are really taking notice after what 'Pedigree Dogs Exposed' did.

Lets hope they continue to make strides on that front.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
was there any need for that post? It WAS a nice thread about the positives. That (as you know) was just a deliberate dig at a different sport that you dont like of understand
Yes there was, its my opinion thanks.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I noticed that too - looks like they are really taking notice after what 'Pedigree Dogs Exposed' did.

Wont be the KC that need to do anything Azz, and to be honest, those that really do the harm, like pet breeders and puppy farmers, dont give a stuff. We will still have rescues full of dogs.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes there was, its my opinion thanks.
OK cool. have to say I was quite happy to miss most of the souless clones strung up with a cheeswire under their chins prancing about in their little beauty pagent
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

I noticed they mentioned it after BIS.

Fingers crossed it carry on
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
OK cool. have to say I was quite happy to miss most of the souless clones strung up with a cheeswire under their chins prancing about in their little beauty pagent
Thats great, I loved it, cant speak about cheesewires though, didnt see any, but the fact that agility dogs were at huge risk of injury and their owners allowed them to run anyway, is just awful.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Can't see what all the 'tit for tat' is about between the different sports.

I hate dogs being strung up
I hate dogs being rough handled

Love that BIS was shown without the stringing up
Love that there appeared to be a lot less rough handling this year.

Do think that the flooring needs to be assessed so that there is less risk of slipping - particularly in the 'fast sport' rings

I love dogs full stop and am constantly amazed at what they can achieve.

Love to watch the vast majority of what happens at Crufts from HTM, agility, flyball, demos. Less so the show ring, but that's because all the dogs look beautiful to me and, in my opinion, there's still too much stringing up, but hopefully more will look at the BIS winner this year and take note of the handling and. who knows, maybe we will see more gentle handling in future shows - hope so
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »