Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by MarcusF View Post
The main thing I noticed was at last someone with some thought decided to stick 'pee posts' in the toileting areas. And it was stupidly busy on Saturday when I went. This was the third year where I've shown one of my dogs there so I was just happy and full of pride for the whole day.

Yes, I noticed that too
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Then the handlers should have withdrew their dogs, did any do that?
I know of at least one person who often qualifies but always drops out at the time for that reason. One year a whole team dropped out and made it clear why they had done so but sadly for most the 'glory' seems more important.

It does seem better than it used to be----I have agarage full of ex crufts carpet (long story) and that used to be appalling for slipping.

rune
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:26 PM
The coverage really irks me. Thank goodness for Sky +! I'm not interested in all the waffle, I just want the dog show! where was the obedience? I didn't see any. I would have liked to have seen some coverage from the Gamekeepers ring (the showing in the gamekeepers ring, not the gundog demonstration), too. I would have also have liked to have seen the full coverage of the breed judging and not just showing a short snippet of each breed here and there.

I watched Westminster on TV when I was in America a few years ago now and thought the coverage was excellent. No silly presenters prancing around waffling about rubbish most people are not interested in, just 100% dog showing.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Then the handlers should have withdrew their dogs, did any do that?
No idea - I wasn't there
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
The coverage really irks me. Thank goodness for Sky +! I'm not interested in all the waffle, I just want the dog show! where was the obedience? I didn't see any. I would have liked to have seen some coverage from the Gamekeepers ring (the showing in the gamekeepers ring, not the gundog demonstration), too. I would have also have liked to have seen the full coverage of the breed judging and not just showing a short snippet of each breed here and there.

I watched Westminster on TV when I was in America a few years ago now and thought the coverage was excellent. No silly presenters prancing around waffling about rubbish most people are not interested in, just 100% dog showing.

I couldnt agree more..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I know of at least one person who often qualifies but always drops out at the time for that reason. One year a whole team dropped out and made it clear why they had done so but sadly for most the 'glory' seems more important.

It does seem better than it used to be----I have agarage full of ex crufts carpet (long story) and that used to be appalling for slipping.

rune
If the dogs are genuinely at risk, then they should all make a stand. With the showing its not as important, obviously fast gaiting for large breeds isnt the same as high speed, jumping, twisting and turning. They should think about their dogs, if they all said we are not coming unless you alter the surface, I reckon they would listen!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
No idea - I wasn't there
Well if they thought enough of their dogs Im sure they would have.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Well if they thought enough of their dogs Im sure they would have.
I know I would, but that's me.

I always think it's a priviledge to own a dog and that we have a duty to ensure that their needs are met and welfare concerns addressed
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:53 PM
As I said, I haven't watched all the coverage (yet).

Did Mary Ray do her usual demo?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
As I said, I haven't watched all the coverage (yet).

Did Mary Ray do her usual demo?
Oh god I hope not, if she did thank goodness I missed it, there was a brief moment I saw a man frolicking round with his pooch, but I turned it off!
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »