Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It looks way too slippy

None of my dogs have ever slipped on the floors and I have shown there for 20 years..............
but many do. Agility and flyball seem to be the main sports for the slipping as the dogs are moving at a very fast pace
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
A lot of people said it was less crowded----any comments on that?

I know our city centre is easier to park in recently and friend went to Birmingham and found the same thing---so are petrol prices and the recession generally making a difference?

rune
On Thursday it was less busy, it always is. Discover dogs too. Sat and yesterday were absolutely manic! Couldnt move anywhere. There may have been less trade stands due to the economic climate, I dont know, which may of course mean a little more room for humans!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
but many do. Agility and flyball seem to be the main sports for the slipping as the dogs are moving at a very fast pace
Then the handlers should have withdrew their dogs, did any do that?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Did anyone see the Shar-pei in the flesh?
The dog in the group seemed much less wrinkled ..
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:14 AM
There are two types of Shar Pei, so which type was it the less wrinkled type?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2011, 10:18 AM
The only one i saw was the bib in the group ...
x_mazzie_x
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I thought Crufts 2011 was fantastic.
I attended on the Saturday, was a bit manic but lots of fun.
My dog got extremely spoilt!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2011, 10:49 AM
[
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
On Thursday it was less busy, it always is. Discover dogs too. Sat and yesterday were absolutely manic! Couldnt move anywhere. There may have been less trade stands due to the economic climate, I dont know, which may of course mean a little more room for humans!
I agree, Yesterday was manic earlier int he week it was OK, not to crowded, I do think the economic climate has effected such shows , as with everything else, people are watching their pennies.

Positives .......... saw some fabulous healthy , none stressed out dogs , on all days , in all disciplines, (apart from agility) all of which were enjoying themselves.

Negatives , sadly some around DD, silly old woman pushing their dogs into people's faces and saying "who's next for a cuddle" the Bulldog owner (on the DD stand) opening the cage to allow a very young child into it with her dog, to "give him a cuddle" .

Then ofcause the biggest negative of all, people going to a dog show and moaning about dogs being everywhere, even caught a glimpse of a bloke kicking a dog out of the way....(to far away to do anything about it)

But on the whole, a fab time had by all.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I didnt like More4's coverage, I wanted to see dogs and I got to see a lot of Claire Balding.

On the plus side, they did seem to be trying to send out messages about healthy dogs, fit for purpose and deed not breed.
MarcusF
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2011, 12:07 PM
The main thing I noticed was at last someone with some thought decided to stick 'pee posts' in the toileting areas.

And it was stupidly busy on Saturday when I went. This was the third year where I've shown one of my dogs there so I was just happy and full of pride for the whole day.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »