Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Like always mum will be dragging me out the door in the morning, catching me as I am about to faint and trying to keep me calm I have got a little better with them nerves so lets see if I can keep myself calm! Once I have been in the ring I will be on cloud nine if the girls behave, placed or not.
my sister was only watching last year and she felt sick for me i was like you idiot youre not even doing anything!!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I dont understand how I can enjoy something I am so nervous about.. I think I will be fine - its just some fun!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I dont understand how I can enjoy something I am so nervous about.. I think I will be fine - its just some fun!
yeah i was dead nervous the first couple of times i did it, still get butterflies a bit, but its mor excitment. i think when you stop getting that feeling is when you should stop showing.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yeah i was dead nervous the first couple of times i did it, still get butterflies a bit, but its mor excitment. i think when you stop getting that feeling is when you should stop showing.
I had my first champ show in 2006 I think, and still get nervous.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Nerves can be really crippling.

I tried all sorts - (including alcohol!)....the only thing that worked was time and experience.

You will be fine I am sure
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I am sure you will be fine. Nerves effect us all differently but I bet once you get going you will have a blast.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:53 PM
I have to ask tho, if it has been a long day for the dog, he is tired and not holding his head up does this not say that he is now not enjoying it??
If I am at agility, no matter how 'important' the run if I feel Ben is tired, not in the mood or I am not happy with the conditions then I will not run him
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Nerves can be really crippling.

I tried all sorts - (including alcohol!)....the only thing that worked was time and experience.

You will be fine I am sure
I know a few people that have a big glass of wine before showing at big shows works for them, wouldnt for me.. I just need to not over think or worry myself

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I am sure you will be fine. Nerves effect us all differently but I bet once you get going you will have a blast.
Thanks, I am sure I will be fine..I always am after the event
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I have to ask tho, if it has been a long day for the dog, he is tired and not holding his head up does this not say that he is now not enjoying it??
If I am at agility, no matter how 'important' the run if I feel Ben is tired, not in the mood or I am not happy with the conditions then I will not run him
The dog knows it has a 'job' to do, it only stands to right in such a big class the dog will get a little bored waiting, they soon lift their heads up and perform when out on the move.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:00 PM
The dog knows it has a 'job' to do, it only stands to right in such a big class the dog will get a little bored waiting, they soon lift their heads up and perform when out on the move.
daphni sprawls out all over the floor when shes waiting, certainly lets the judge know if he/she is going too slow
Page 7 of 28 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »