View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I am certainly not anti dog showing I love it,and love to see dog and handlers alike enjoying showing, maybe last minute nerves were to blame everyone of them looked like they wanted it over fast...some of the dogs did look uncomfortable,ok maybe choking was harsh lol ... I definately felt for some, the handlers let the dogs down...
the only dog that looked ...no 2 dogs that looked like there was a gel with the handlers for me were the wee Black Cocker and the Flat coat...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Some of the dogs were slipping terribly
Was commented on a lot.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2011, 03:54 PM
i dont watch it myself.

my thoughts are different, ie, why is crufts style competive obedience regarded as the given highest pedigree for determining if one is a good dog trainer?

id say its "one" way of determining if one has good proven skills to go on to become a professional dog trainer.
not the wrong or right way, better or worse way, just one of many.
for example, id say that a good background in rescue is a 'qualification' equal to competing in obedience.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
I couldn't believe watching Crufts last night how most of the handlers looked like they were struggling, most of the dogs looked like they were choking, none except for the Flat Coat Retriever and poss the Italian water dog looked happy to be there...I thought the handlers were absolutely shocking, the only people who looked confident with the dogs movement were the smaller breeds, I was quite dissapointed

Must have been a different show than the one I watched then,

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Precisely why I don't watch it/attend anymore. It's become more than just a dog show.
its a dog show how can it be more than

I am certainly not anti dog showing I love it,and love to see dog and handlers alike enjoying showing, maybe last minute nerves were to blame everyone of them looked like they wanted it over fast...some of the dogs did look uncomfortable,ok maybe choking was harsh lol ... I definately felt for some, the handlers let the dogs down...
the only dog that looked ...no 2 dogs that looked like there was a gel with the handlers for me were the wee Black Cocker and the Flat coat...
Its a wonder with such poor handlers any of those dogs manged to gain their titles over the years
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Well, being just a dog lover and enjoying seeing the dogs enjoying themselves I didn't notice anything amiss to be honest, but then I admit I know b.... all about showing. I did say to my husband though how they all looked as if they were thoroughly enjoying themselves which was nice to see. Would have enjoyed seeing some well muscled ripply young men handlers of course but you can't have everything can you??? Sadly am going to miss the Pastorals tonight have a quiz night date which I can't get out of, anyone have any ideas if I can watch it online?
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I couldn't believe watching Crufts last night how most of the handlers looked like they were struggling, most of the dogs looked like they were choking, none except for the Flat Coat Retriever and poss the Italian water dog looked happy to be there...I thought the handlers were absolutely shocking, the only people who looked confident with the dogs movement were the smaller breeds, I was quite dissapointed

I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering about that!

There were one or two dogs that looked really uncomfortable, I felt sorry for them.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Well, being just a dog lover and enjoying seeing the dogs enjoying themselves I didn't notice anything amiss to be honest, but then I admit I know b.... all about showing. I did say to my husband though how they all looked as if they were thoroughly enjoying themselves which was nice to see. Would have enjoyed seeing some well muscled ripply young men handlers of course but you can't have everything can you??? Sadly am going to miss the Pastorals tonight have a quiz night date which I can't get out of, anyone have any ideas if I can watch it online?
http://www.dfscrufts.tv/ you can sign up to watch any catch up
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I appear to have missed all the points you saw.................................. must get my eyes checked.

It was the end of a VERY long day for the gundogs, have you actually ever handled a dog at this level?
Its a long day and you also dont know if there was 'other stuff' just happened etc before the cameras are on them....this is just a dog show on a huge scale that all, these dogs are just dogs and the people human!

BUT I havent watched it lol (yet) so may change my mind? Prob not though tbh - still just people and thier dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering about that!

There were one or two dogs that looked really uncomfortable, I felt sorry for them.
Which ones?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
you can watch it on 4OD online... look for it tomorrow on the catch up
Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »