Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
maybe im just too young and niave but when im talking to a stranger on a forum where there points really makes no impact on my life, I dont think straight of they must be lying to me. I would like to think people have better things to do with their time.

But then again i've only been going on large forums for a few months, maybe I have more to learn lol
The thing is, if this so called person did show her dogs at champ shows (and if you were any kind of good breeder you wouldn't breed purely on open show results) and docked them it's highly likely I would know. I've been showing Springers for 4 years now and the only docked puppies that have been seen in the ring have had the tails amputated at a later date. Rossi's brother being one of them.
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
I am sorry Rip.but you did say you would investigate quite clearly, you did not want the name simply because you were interested -

In post 206 you simply asked "what is her name please"

In post 262 you said "I'd like to investigate"

In post 265 you repeated the above and asked if I would I like to pm you with it.

In post 267 in reply to Smokeybear you said because I am interested and you seemed to change tactic.

In post 269 you said it was nothing to do with investigating - completely changing tactic and seemed to deny saying you would investigate - strange -

Of course, it is entirely up to you whether you believe me or not - it will not make any difference whatsoever to me and I still won't impart information to someone who I do not trust - I stand by what I have said as it being the truth and you can take it or leave it. I do not lie or fabricate - I don't need to - I've gone way past such immature fooling about.
This site is a just a forum and you either believe what is being posted or you do not. You have self-evidenced the flaws in your post by contradicting yourself, so why should I believe your intentions - fair enough
I'm well aware of what I said. The truth is I've never believed it right from the beginning, but calling you a lier wasn't exactly the best way to get the information from you was it? Leading you to believe I wanted to investigate made it more likely you would give me the name, but then this person doesn't exist so it doesn't matter anyway!

If you're not willing to back up your claims, then perhaps you should re think the point of saying "I know some one who docks their show Springers", because you now have no way of substansiating these claims. It's just hear say, nothing more and a complete waste of time. It gives no weight to your argument whatsoever.

The sad thing is, people who dislike docking as much as yourself, will say anything to make their argument seem stronger - regardless of whether it's true or not.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yep, sadly to say you do.

The world of forum life is a magnet for the "Walter Mitty's " of the world.

And boy do you get them here from time to time!
On an otherwise grey day, weather wise, this made me chuckle - i havent read back on recent posts si hope no one takes offence at my chuckles!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
i'm rather impressed it took 29 pages for this thread to go south, up until now its walked the line
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
The thing is, if this so called person did show her dogs at champ shows (and if you were any kind of good breeder you wouldn't breed purely on open show results) and docked them it's highly likely I would know. I've been showing Springers for 4 years now and the only docked puppies that have been seen in the ring have had the tails amputated at a later date. Rossi's brother being one of them.

I'm well aware of what I said. The truth is I've never believed it right from the beginning, but calling you a lier wasn't exactly the best way to get the information from you was it? Leading you to believe I wanted to investigate made it more likely you would give me the name, but then this person doesn't exist so it doesn't matter anyway!

If you're not willing to back up your claims, then perhaps you should re think the point of saying "I know some one who docks their show Springers", because you now have no way of substansiating these claims. It's just hear say, nothing more and a complete waste of time. It gives no weight to your argument whatsoever.

The sad thing is, people who dislike docking as much as yourself, will say anything to make their argument seem stronger - regardless of whether it's true or not.
You are right - calling me a liar was not the likely way to get information out of me. As far as this information goes - it is not that I am unwilling to "put my money where my mouth is" it is that nothing can actually be proved and there is little point in taking the matter further, because there would not be any useable proof to use for evidence. All I can say is what she said to me and that was that she docked (past tense) her dogs routinely because she thought they looked better in the show ring. I am also referring to a period in the recent past - not now - and I did say her latest litter was undocked.

I did not say this to make the argument against docking stronger - as I said I don't lie or say anything old thing to argue a point. I am against docking that is very true - some of the arguments for docking are totally nonsensical to me and there is no doubt that much of it is (or was) done for aesthetic or fashionable reasons or just because it was always done in the past, wkithout thinking. In this so called enlightened age I think the day that docking is completely banned the better things will be. I have heard pro docking reasoning such as - too much tail hair causes damage - too little tail hair causes damage and I think there are people who will say anything to validate what they want to do.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No sorry, was just a general reply to Laura-Anne question about believing all one hears on the Internet.
Thats nice to know A bit quixotic - tilting at windmills, I may be - but old Walter, heaven forbid
Page 29 of 29 « First < 19 26 27 28 29