Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
What makes me laugh Is people suggesting that 'show' people that show at a higher level that 'fun' shows would want to keep rosettes from 'fun' shows to Impress people to buy a pup! Complete madness! Plus not forgetting serious show people are not they only ones to breed, pet people do to. They may also enter fun shows and use rosettes to sell their pups! So I guess we should just stop giving rosettes or ban all breeders from showing at fun level ! How very very stupied I must say! But then the opinions on this forum never seem to amaze me.

Also we have none of ours on display either!
Same here, I give all my rosettes away.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:10 PM
How many times do I have to say that I rarely enter fun shows---too busy running them!

I am aware I didn't say about ring clips---but you chose to answer it whilst quoting my post---so I assumed you were talking to me.

If you are going to call me lynn that is fine but it is spelt without an 'e'.

Of course on a forum it is better mannered to use the forum name but I don't have a problem with it.

rune
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh, so am i being really bad mannered having my real name as my forum name?? AZZ!!!! Why didnt you mention that when i signed up! I have been being rude all this time

If you organise fun shows then you will know that it is often the show people who give the biggest support to your events
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
How many times do I have to say that I rarely enter fun shows---too busy running them!

I am aware I didn't say about ring clips---but you chose to answer it whilst quoting my post---so I assumed you were talking to me.

If you are going to call me lynn that is fine but it is spelt without an 'e'.

Of course on a forum it is better mannered to use the forum name but I don't have a problem with it.

rune
OK Lynn (without an "E")
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:33 PM
wow how silly can some people get huh? Spelling Is a real Issue for you Rune...

You have to many e's In breeds! on your profile...Ok!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:35 PM

molezak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Sorry haven't read all the posts! Companion (when I started - Exemption) Shows are where I got the bug for showing and I showed at them for years with crossbreeds before I got a KC reg dog.

The attitude of "they're taking it seriously, they shouldn't be here" really bugs me as like someone else said, they are open to all and many 'show' people, quite reasonably use them as training grounds for their new pups - nothing wrong with that and they make an effort because that is what they've become used to doing (you set yourself your own standards).

I don't tend to dress as smartly at Companion shows but I still *shock horror* use a ring clip (if I remember it ) and show my dog groomed and as properly as it will show on a show lead!

The novelty classes are different and shouldn't be taken as seriously - a shame for non-show folk if they are.

I get miffed when I pay the same entries and make the effort to go and the judge is some local randomer (maybe the vet) who hasn't got a darn clue!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 01:43 PM

weevle21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 02:33 PM
I feel very sad that when someone starts a thread asking peoples opinions it suddenly turns into an outright attack on one person with a different opinion.

Surely the world would be boring if we all had the same opinion. I am inclined to agree with different bits of people's post but i don't agree with this attack on rune.

Surely if anyone, you should attack me because it was me that started the first post about this (oh, that's right a lot of people did that anyway) but it is just an opinion and a discussion after all.

If it carries on here like it has been i don't think i'll bother with this forum. I thought it was meant to be interesting and interactive not just another breeding ground for bullies.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 02:41 PM
some people just have chips on their shoulders.

Live n let live thats my view. I dont give a fig what anyone else is doing or saying Ill do what I like. I traipsed all the way over to Malvern Champ show once (nearly 3 hours from me) not a chance in heck of getting a rossie but the reason i entered? cause I could! Entered East of England champ show too got binned at that as well but didnt bother me, you always take the best dog home as they say and by god they aint wrong

and i have all my boys rossies in pride of place on the kitchen pinboard for all to see as am proud of my boy whether it be best in breed at an open show or 4th place in the working class at a local companion show
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »