Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Where there on Sunday with Roscoe and possibly another day on DD if I can't get out of it.Cant say I'm looking forward to it to be honest, but its Ross first Crufts so we thought we'd better go. Dident bother last year at all, if any one wants to say hi in passing obviously I'll be on the welshie benching. See you there Em, alcohol may be needed lol.
I'll defo come and say hi!!! You can try and talk me out of English and into the Welsh ;o)
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'll defo come and say hi!!! You can try and talk me out of English and into the Welsh ;o)
They are a little less manic than your working Englis, but very clingy and needy, I'm typing this with three jostling for position on my knee lol. Look forward to seeing you Sunday, I'll let you know my benching number but the dogs name is Morganstar Moondust.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Ha ha, lots of alcohol you mean! Not sure how Oscar will cope as he's very sensitive to strangers so I've bought one of those bench guards just to be on the safe side!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Ha ha, lots of alcohol you mean! Not sure how Oscar will cope as he's very sensitive to strangers so I've bought one of those bench guards just to be on the safe side!
Folding chairs placed in front of the bench are also good!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Where there on Sunday with Roscoe and possibly another day on DD if I can't get out of it.Cant say I'm looking forward to it to be honest, but its Ross first Crufts so we thought we'd better go. Dident bother last year at all, if any one wants to say hi in passing obviously I'll be on the welshie benching. See you there Em, alcohol may be needed lol.
Oh we'll come and say hello..once you have your ring no. will you let me know and I'll come and find you xx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
thats the one thing that does annoy me slightly at crufts i noticed it last year when i went with my breeder. people just seem to think they have a right to stroke n pet your dog. obviously it isnt a problem, they know theyre not going to be mega aggressive otherwise they wouldnt be there, but i just wish people would ask first. i always ask if i can stroke someones dog, just because ive been brought up to.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Folding chairs placed in front of the bench are also good!
You wouldn't say that if you'd met Oscar!

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thats the one thing that does annoy me slightly at crufts i noticed it last year when i went with my breeder. people just seem to think they have a right to stroke n pet your dog. obviously it isnt a problem, they know theyre not going to be mega aggressive otherwise they wouldnt be there, but i just wish people would ask first. i always ask if i can stroke someones dog, just because ive been brought up to.
That's the main reason I've opted for a bench guard this year. Oscar is very, very sensitive and reacts to the slightest change in a persons body language. Banking on the amount of idiot general public there will be at Crufts I'm willing to bet someone would upset him and then try to label him as aggressive because he's shouting telling them to go away and leave him alone!

I tried the bench guard at Manchester and he hopped straight in, curled up and went to sleep like he was in his crate at home! Good for him and good for my blood pressure too!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I always take a crate and where I go so does the dog unless one of my close friends is benched near and then we take it in turns.
To be honest I ignore the don't remove from bench rubbish if people want to come and see a welshie they'll be loads in Discover Dogs, its al load of rubbish.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh we'll come and say hello..once you have your ring no. will you let me know and I'll come and find you xx
Will do hun, look forward to meeting you xxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:47 AM
I always take a crate and where I go so does the dog unless one of my close friends is benched near and then we take it in turns.
To be honest I ignore the don't remove from bench rubbish if people want to come and see a welshie they'll be loads in Discover Dogs, its al load of rubbish.
No I can't say I pay much attention either to be honest, I thought about a crate but the size of the HWV benches is awkward - too small for a 3ft crate, but big enough for a 30" one which would be too small for Oscar anyway!

I'll be benched with my friend at the Spin benches, have you still got my mobile number? It'll be nice to meet up again over our usual pint!
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »