Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ill be there as usual organising the discover dogs stand.

Dont forget its "DFS Crufts" now too, have a lovely wee CHAIR in the logo!! Take a peek.

http://www.crufts.org.uk/
Yes lets hope they have some nice sofas dotted around the place rest our aching feet
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I will hopefully be going this year! I haven't been before as something else has always come up. I am aiming for gundog day
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I can understand your excitement...I will never forget the thrill, crikey, nearly 15 years ago that I first qualified one of my dogs for Crufts...onlookers must have thought I had won the ticket I was that gobsmacked and excited..I was awarded 2nd in Minor Puppy at Bath at pups first show..I still get a tingle down my spine now when I think back

You could have knocked me down with a feather when Leon got placed at Crufts, then a few years later, Giddy got 3rd in puppy qualifying him for the following year and then a vhc in the next class..its a real buzz qualifying but it doesn't prepare you for actually receiving a crufts rosette...I had mine professionally framed

I always found the qualifying for Crufts to be far more exciting that the actual taking part though..it is such a long and expensive event, I know you feel proud to have achieved your qualification, but it really is so hyped up these days and I feel more aimed at the spectators than the exhibitors. I was very fortunate to qualify all those I showed over the years, and the buzz was still there every time...you wait and see

I don't show anymore but hope to again some time in the future...I just know that I will have the hunger to qualify something again..and then moan when I'm stuck at the show all day and can't leave until 4 pm

Best of luck with Oscar..he is a little beauty
Ahh some lovely memoeries there!

If I'm ever in the Buckinghamshire area and have Rossi with me I'll be calling on your services!

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
No u cant take your dogs in. Youd not want too anyway, its so busy , people ram your dogs out the way with their Kids buggies!!!!!
Ah yes, that bit I don't enjoy so much! I think I'm going to invest in one of those cage fronts for Oscar's bench this year as I don't think he'd appreciate sticky little fingers being thrust in his face! Does anyone know if it's Bannerdown at Crufts this year?

Originally Posted by cesky2000 View Post
Last year it took me 40 minutes to get from Discover Dogs in Hall 3 to the exit in Hall 1 with three dogs. They got bumped into, trodden on, and when I got home I discovered that one had chewing gum tangled in her fur

I was even told I shouldn't be allowed near the trade stands with my dogs when I asked one woman to be careful with her shopping bag as she had hit my dog with it!

Crufts - a dog show? No, it's a shopping bonanza with dogs as an afterthought!
Oh Bah Humbug!

It is always very tight near the DD stands, which is no fun when the outdoor area is behind it and you have a dog that won't pee on the sawdust!

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
My very Fave bit (i know im a saddo!) Is the walk down from the Carparks, by the lake.
Spent so many years walking that walk without a dog & it always makes me so Proud of My Boys to walk it with them!
Yes I remember that feeling with Isla, it's something else isn't it!

Dont forget its "DFS Crufts" now too, have a lovely wee CHAIR in the logo!! Take a peek.

Hmmmm, DFS Crufts.....doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it?! Think I'll stick to good old Crufts, unless they let me have a free sofa, then I'd think about it!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Yay, I'm very excited to be showing Rio and Dandy on Thursday (W&P) and also doing DD on Sunday, so if anyone's coming on Gundog day, come to the Estrela stand and say hi!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Ahh some lovely memoeries there!

If I'm ever in the Buckinghamshire area and have Rossi with me I'll be calling on your services!

You're on
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by basi View Post
Yes lets hope they have some nice sofas dotted around the place rest our aching feet
Im hoping so, wouldnt mind some sofas for us on discover dogs either!
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Well done! Which line/breeder is Oscar from?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Im hoping so, wouldnt mind some sofas for us on discover dogs either!

Im just hoping for Lines of Sofas instead of Benches!!! Cosy!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:48 PM
We are definitely going. We were going to attend the Manchester Ch show just as visitors and to have a shop about. But we've decided that we'd both rather go to Crufts instead so am very much looking forward to it!

Will be going for Utility Day (just wish I could have seen working day too, but can only attend one day and I really want to see Frenchies this time as last time we saw the Rotts)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:52 PM

You know, I've seen that site before and never noticed that!
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »