View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I agree with Dawn, sounds they are jealous to me and they wish they had kept him perhaps, thing is, he's your dog now not theirs (well your parents!) so you show him if you like.

Dusty's breeders said the same thing but they were not 'show people', I took her to a few when I was showing Maddy. x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:41 PM
You will soon find out if he's show quality according to the judges when he's around 6 months.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I agree with Dawn, sounds they are jealous to me and they wish they had kept him perhaps, thing is, he's your dog now not theirs (well your parents!) so you show him if you like.

Dusty's breeders said the same thing but they were not 'show people', I took her to a few when I was showing Maddy. x
That's what I thought, once he's transferred into their name I honestly can't see that they could do a jot about it.

Will be nice to see how he does at Ringcraft, he can't be as badly behaved as Isla, surely?!
jones
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Did the breeder reduce the price of the dog, because when my OH brought a Lab on 'just a pet' purpose, he paid a lot lower price for her, and she wasn't KC registered but the breeder did show all the paperwork of the dam and sire with the registration of the litter with KC...

Did the breeder say that they were reducing the sale price for the dog, due to it's 'pet only' status? As I could see wh the are reluctant to give permission to show the dog, feeling that they had been conned into selling one of there litter under pertences...

If this has happened perhaps offering the make-up cost of the dog might change there minds?

But I would have a word with the kennel club, as they might be able to say, whether the sales slip could be considered a true contract enforcable by law or not
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2009, 09:17 PM
The kennel club will NOT do anything if you decided to show. There is no restictions on KC papers saying you can/cannot show a dog.
I really dont get the breeder though, Surely if the pup goes to ringcraft, learns to show and is a good example of the breed then any breeder worth their salt would be proud of their dogs babes being shown.

What Dawn said earlier in the thread is right though... If your parents are worried about the breeder trying to inforce the contract ( more chance of plating fog, or being bit by a daffodil than a judge siding with the breeder) then transfer the kc ownership into your name... once a transfer is done, you as the owner have no contract with the original breeder at all
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 09:57 AM
It will be the breeders responsibility to take your parents to court to test their contract on the no show aspect and most breeders simply wouldn't do it. However, if he is a successful show dog and someone wants to use him for breeding then that is where the difficulties arise!
I'd say go ahead and show him. If there are problems as Dawn said transfer him into your name. Then even the breeding restrictions can be lifted as there is no contract in force between you and the breeder!
Becky
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 10:45 AM
get him in the ring, give him a go and see what the judges think,

im assuming he was the same price as the show pups,

have fun with him, I think the breeder,,,,,,well reeks of breeder

so many are so competitive, its mental, I wouldnt give a hoot, if its my breeding in a loving home beating me in the ring, good enough, I would be proud of it
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Does he have a poor bite or anything that would make him unsuitable for showing? He looks nice to me but I don't know the breed ... is just seems nonsensical so am wondering if there is something else going on?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 04:30 PM
I see no reason for this at all,I would be as proud as punch if a puppy I bred was been shown.

I think what Dawn said could be the truth.

Becky the KC will uphold endorsements if they are placed correctly by the breeder even if the dog changes hands,
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=784

If an endorsement is correctly placed, the KC will not lift it without the specific permission of the breeder – even if the dog changes hands again.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I see no reason for this at all,I would be as proud as punch if a puppy I bred was been shown.

I think what Dawn said could be the truth.

Becky the KC will uphold endorsements if they are placed correctly by the breeder even if the dog changes hands,
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=784

If an endorsement is correctly placed, the KC will not lift it without the specific permission of the breeder – even if the dog changes hands again.
Was just going to say that lol.
My contract also states the puppy is not to be sold on and I fill in the names and addresses bit on the back before I sign it.
Tbh I'm not suprised about the not to be bred from clause all my pups go with this and the dog owners are told it will not be lifted under any circumstance, but I am suprised about not been allowed to show.
Who did you buy him off do they show (you can pm me )
I say go for it, he looks nice and as long as he's confident dont see what there problem is.
I think I've keep the wrong puppy out of the last litter she has a level bite which were hoping changes when the permenant teeth come through, the 2nd pick is hopefully going in the ring anyway as is the pick of the dogs.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »