View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Well I'm sorry but if anyone throws anything at me, the next thing they will see is the grit on the floor, I will not tolerate some idiot assaulting me or my dogs. and they cant expect us competitors to just ignor this behaviour and not retaliate.

Mo
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 06:48 PM
My guess Mo, is that the dogs they throw eggs at will be the toy breeds. Can't see them getting the bigguns riled Mind you, perhaps I'm missing the point (quite possibly ) but isn't it dogs welfare that they are campaigning for. How is that helped by basically frightening the cr@p out of the dogs I think I've missed something in the thinking of these people
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 07:41 PM
That's awful, no matter how you feel about Crufts there is not need for violence its the poor dogs I feel for, they must be hyped up anyway because I think they know when it is show time, and to do that well thats just disgusting and should be classed as abuse
Elaine x
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Protest by all means but any kind of assault be it with eggs or anything else should be dealt with harshly.
I too will not tolerate any kind of threat towards my animals and I'm afraid I will not try to curb my temper if they do.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Well I'm sorry but if anyone throws anything at me, the next thing they will see is the grit on the floor, I will not tolerate some idiot assaulting me or my dogs. and they cant expect us competitors to just ignor this behaviour and not retaliate.

Mo
What time will you be going, Ill be RIGHT behind you!
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
perhaps I'm missing the point (quite possibly ) but isn't it dogs welfare that they are campaigning for. How is that helped by basically frightening the cr@p out of the dogs I think I've missed something in the thinking of these people
Their twisted logic becomes a little more understandable when you remember that PETA was the organisation whose members collected dogs from shelters in the US under the pretext of rehoming them, then killed them and dumped them in skips - all to "save" them from the horrors of being a pet (or "slave" as they see it!).

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/press...fm/release/109

Mick
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post

Mo
Mo your my kinda person,. I do think they may target the smaller dogs, can't imagine they will take the big breeds on at close quarters, though I would love to see them try,...mals,gsds,rotties,dobes...mangled peta folk....ah..thats justice
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Come on guys lets not play into their hands as much as we love our dogs and enjoy showing, etc lets not retaliate and go down to their level. We are all responsible dog owners and the most important thing is the welfare of our dogs and if there is a few small minded people who have to resort to throwing eggs and flour or abuse at us to try and put their point across do not give them the satisfaction they want by reacting, and i think that is what they would like is a bit of ammunition to throw back in our faces.
Don't think i'm on their side believe me i am not, and i would defend as best i could my dogs against such people but i would also try and portray show people as being responible dog owners.
Lets be vigilant but curtious to the general public as there is genuine people who come to Crufts for the experience and to see the dogs, we have nothing to be ashamed of.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi,

Someone throws anything at me and I WILL makle an example of them both legally and publicly, in addition to ahvcing them arrested for assault. a bag of flour is heavy and can hurt if thrown.

Secondly, someone tries to hurt my dog (nothtat I'm taking my dogs to crufts) and I WILL retaliate physically - not least by allowing my dogs to make as much noise as they choose to then inviting the offender over to apologise to the dog face-to-face. If they refuse, I'd offer to let the dog go free. My dogs wouldn't hurt anyone or anything, but people don't know that in the first instance.

There is NO excuse for hurting or stressing out dogs who are proabbly alreadya littel hyped up because they knwo it's show day. Dogs do their best to please us and they deserve respect - as do those owners who care proeprly for their dogs regardless of whether they are purely pets, purely show dogs or both.

Laura xx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
Their twisted logic becomes a little more understandable when you remember that PETA was the organisation whose members collected dogs from shelters in the US under the pretext of rehoming them, then killed them and dumped them in skips - all to "save" them from the horrors of being a pet (or "slave" as they see it!).

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/press...fm/release/109

Mick
That's bl@@dy sick!!!!! Well, if they are truly that demented I'd watch out for my dog if I were in the vicinity. Sounds like they don't really care about the dogs, just putting their misguided point across!
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »