Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Feeding time.

I posted this on our [a social network] page but thought it might entertain you too.
It is chaotic but remember these are all rescue dogs, who are various ages, breeds and arrived at various times.

'We've just given the dogs their supper, and I thought I would explain what that entails.
In the morning the dogs bark, run around and nearly trip me up, while I collect the food bowls and make up the feeds. I make the food up in the front hall, taking Jade, Jake and Kate through with me so they are away from the more boisterous dogs. In the living room several of the dogs bark, and Levi jumps the height of the door, landing on whoever is stupid enough to stand beneath him.
I start with Sandy and Lady's food as they eat wet food. Sandy gets his corvental tablet added and Lady gets her tramadol, corvental and every second day a Palladia tablet for her cancer.
I then do Rosty and Bruno's food, Rosty gets his benazacare added and Bruno his metacam. Willow, Lottie, Jasper, Pepsi and Levi follow with no meds. Corrie is next and he gets his phenobarbital meds added. The dogs in the living room are barking and jumping all this time.
Next I do Kate's food, she has a big list. Vetmedin, lanoxin, metacam and tramadol in a tin of Wet food, Jake and Jade are next with their metacam added.
The next step is to hand out the feed.
Kate, Jake and Jade are left to it in the front hall, I then carry the remaining bowls into the kitchen to feed the rest.
Firstly Bruno and Willow, then Pepsi and Levi, then Lady and Jasper, Corrie and Rosty next, Sandy is closed in a crate to avoid theft and Lottie is last.
I then have to guard Lady because she is a slow eater, during this time Kate has finished and starts to bark to let me know she is ready to join the pack!
While waiting for Lady, they go through the tradition of licking all other bowls, skidding them over the floor while doing it.
FINALLY Lady finishes and they are ready to go out for a wander round the field and to relieve themselves.
12 hours later they get supper and it starts again, same routine, same food but somehow just as exciting as breakfast!!!!!!'
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Heavens above Total respect to you