Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 07:25 PM

All medical professionals I've got a problem with my ankle

Hope someone can help me.

I hurt my ankle about a year ago while exercising and it hasn't been the same since. I have since stopped exercising of any kind in an effort to help it heal.
It hasn't been to bad recently so I went and got a good pair of trainers, explaining to the girl in the shop what type of injury I have and what type of exercising I will be doing.
Today after a fairly fast paced walk with a little running in between it has this evening come up in a hard painful lump right at the back of my ankle.

Any help or advise greatly appreciated.
Nic xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Except for rest and if it hasn't gone down by Saturday a Dr's appointment maybe.
I hope it feels better soon.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Lynn xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:29 PM
does this lump move up and down behind the ankle?? I had one of these once which was caused by a rubbing shoe, and I remember having to cut some of my shoes on the top at the back so that I could even wear them without this lump moving up and down as I walked causing pain.

I suspect it could be that this is just coincidence, and the new trainers have actually caused this and it's nothing to do with that damaged ankle. That's my take on it anyway, but hopefully, it'll die down and I hope it's not too painful.

Funny how we take our feet for granted until we damage them isn't it, they work so hard and yet we never give them a 2nd thought till something like this happens! I stubbed my 2nd little toe the other week, so painful, then just as it healed up I go and do it all over again on the same bit of concrete and now it's really pay back time, agony!

Good luck with yours Berger.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Ain't that the truth H.
I love to exercise and I really miss it. Its so good for my sanity.
Its not even that painful I'm always able to bear weight.
Thanks for the reply xx