Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Neighborhood Watch got a super treat

Well someone got a super value treat last night.
Neighbor brought it over for him.
As the weather get a little warmer, there have been some idiots in the neighborhood that like to vandalize cars and steal stuff.
Well if Mouse can't get to them he sure knows how to wake up the neighors to let the know there someone there that should not be. He done it several times lately so he got a reward.

If you ever wondered how strong a Mastiffs jaws are, the treat last about 20 minutes.
Have some vid also but the sound is pretty brutal of him just grinding and chewing up bone.

Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
Well someone got a super value treat last night.
Neighbor brought it over for him.
As the weather get a little warmer, there have been some idiots in the neighborhood that like to vandalize cars and steal stuff.
Well if Mouse can't get to them he sure knows how to wake up the neighors to let the know there someone there that should not be. He done it several times lately so he got a reward.

If you ever wondered how strong a Mastiffs jaws are, the treat last about 20 minutes.
Have some vid also but the sound is pretty brutal of him just grinding and chewing up bone.

Excellent!
That's probably the best intruder alarm you could have.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Well done Mouse hope you enjoyed your 'treat' (Looks pretty good to me )

By the way, there's allegedly ten types of dog bark, I'm not convinced on nine of them but the one our Rianna used to great effect when we lived in a very rural area was the 'three quick barks in row' so it would be woof, woof, woof, then a pause, maybe a minute, and then repeated.

Our current two (Casey & Lara) also do this, especially Lara. A week ago there were two men arguing outside the house opposite at about midnight Lara started her three barks regime, then they banged on the house door, Lara really didn't like that

Dogs are probably the best anti-burglar alarm you could have and they provide so much more as well
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2018, 04:15 PM
When the house next door was being renovated, they had intruders late one night. Being woken up by a Dobermann in full guard dog mode frightened the life out of me at 1.30 am and was clearly not welcomed by the intruders. I went down to see to the dogs but Syd my male was insistent on going out so I opened the back door to have Syd charge past me and shoulder charged the fence giving his best get off of my property performance ever.
The noise as they made their escape scrambling about in the dark, falling over a bucket and dropping their torch, the air full of expletives was funny and Syd was rewarded with much thanks and adoration from all.
Nothing compares to a big dog doing it's job.
Well done Mouse, nice to see your efforts appreciated.