View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2016, 05:17 AM
she was 600.00 i dont mind the money just want her to get better and be looked after
they put 1 big dish of food out all day for all of them including mother but she is thin i guess as she was the smallest she didnt get much food i can feel her ribs but cant see them
will ring the vet today
they had a 2 year old playing with the all so i guess they must not know about the fleas and worms unless they parent like they bread
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Oh dear C.J sounds like a puppy farm type place to me. Hope she is ok and when you see the vet tell him everything. Pleased that the money isn't an issue but they still sound as if they have taken you for a ride. Just hope the other pups go to good homes like yours obviously has. I am sure others on here will help but don't get to bogged down with everything. Just one thing when you do see your vet ask him if it would be possible to test for campylobacter as you have a young baby. Good Luck.
big paul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-09-2016, 07:46 AM
We went through something similar with are golden retriever told her papers were on the way but never came ,although they did slip up by giving me a copy of the parents KC paper's which showed that my willow was born a day after her mums 1st birthday .we told the KC but they don't give a dam the only people who could help in anyway was trading standards,they told us to write to the breader .we could give willow back and get a full refund (like that was going to happen)or see what a dog with out papers would cost.and keep willow and. Get a part refund which is what we did .we paid £600 and got £300 back .which would help with your vet bills .hope this helps
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2016, 08:23 AM
This makes my blood BOIL!! I remember when I had Lizzie she had 12 puppies and she lived outside with them in a large shed which had a waterproof vinyl-type floor. They had newspaper laid down on the floor which I constantly changed and disinfected the floor. The door was a stable door, so I left the top half open and Lizzie could jump in and out as she chose so that she could go to the loo outside. It was round the clock work but I was on hand for those puppies and for Lizzie 24 x 7. So I could get some sleep, Lizzie had a raised bed in there so that she could choose to feed her pups and then get a bit of peace, but she chose to sleep on the floor with her babies. She was an amazing mother. I suppose you could call me a backyard breeder, but I poured my heart and soul into those 2 litters - the vet visited every day I remember for the first 3 weeks or so, and she wormed them regularly, wormed Lizzie, and did all the necessary medical treatments - including to my horror docking them!! She cut those tiny tails off with scissors - I will never forget the shrieks and I am ashamed of myself that I allowed her to do it.

There is no way in a million years that these puppies and the mother could be healthy just left to their own devices. And to think of a young child playing with the puppies - unwormed puppies, and doubtless an unwormed mother - is absolutely horrendous. She will 100% have contracted worms and worse from the puppies and the mother.

CJ - you absolutely must report these people to the RSPCA - they probably won't do anything, but at least you can rest safe in the knowledge that you have tried to help. Persist with them and anybody else you can think of who could stop these awful people abusing dogs and ripping innocent people off in this way.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
We went through something similar with are golden retriever told her papers were on the way but never came ,although they did slip up by giving me a copy of the parents KC paper's which showed that my willow was born a day after her mums 1st birthday .we told the KC but they don't give a dam the only people who could help in anyway was trading standards,they told us to write to the breader .we could give willow back and get a full refund (like that was going to happen)or see what a dog with out papers would cost.and keep willow and. Get a part refund which is what we did .we paid £600 and got £300 back .which would help with your vet bills .hope this helps
How awful, that poor bitch being bred from at 1. Disgusting.
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2016, 08:54 AM
thank you i will ask the vet about campylobacter
she is having a full check on friday i rang the vet first thing this am and they took some details and said it was ok to leave her till friday but if i was really worried to take her in
there has not been any more worms in her poo and she is eating and drinking well now
we all love her so much she seems a lot happier than when we got her so fx she is on the mend
my mind will be put at rest on friday after the vet she has a little red eye as well that i will get checked x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure if things are actually getting worse or if it is being dragged out into the open more. Why woukdyou consider yourself a back yard breeder when you looked after the mum and pups Gnasher, and they had the attention of your vet. They were loved and cared for and they will have known it and had the confidence that such love and care gives them when they meet their new families and take their first steps in the outside world. I just wish people would do their research, ask for the documentation re the relevant health tests for their breed and ask questions till they are happy with the answers. I interview people who survive my interrogation via email and phone, watch their interaction with my girls and am happy to answer their questions, this is often long before there are any puppies by the way. I can also put potential families in contact with owners in their area so they can meet up and find out what its really like. Anyone who can't or won't do this should not be persued any further as they are hiding the truth
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2016, 08:59 AM
CJ look up cherry eye in cocker spaniel
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2016, 10:04 AM
thanks i looked at some of the google images and its not quite that bad i managed to get a couple of pics
what do you think ?
and hank you for all the support i have on this forum x

left eye
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	left.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	5228  
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female