Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-12-2015, 12:44 AM

What do you do to pamper yourself?

I've just realised I do two things that fall under this category even though I don't do them to 'pamper myself'
  • I try to have a hot soak in Epsom Salt and Sea Salt bath everyday - usually before bedtime.
  • I try to have several sauna's a week.

But I do them because they are good for you
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2015, 03:30 AM
Lol pamper not sure that I've ever done anything to pamper myself. It would sure be nice though.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2015, 12:52 PM
I don't really do pampering it's not my thing, I am a tough old bird

Pampering for me is going to bed in newly washed crisp white cotton sheets, none of that poly cotton rubbish and no creases please

If I could I would have clean sheets every day but I settle for every 4 or 5 days
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2015, 03:22 PM
I don't really pamper myself either but when I do it'll be to buy half a dozen books to read when I'm snuggled up in bed That's what I call luxury!

I always buy myself something special for my birthday Last year I spent a fortune buying Gwylim and the year before Georgina. I don't regret spending the money and have no intentions of being so extravagant again!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2015, 04:08 PM
I do, I like to smell divine, so for all my hospital appointments out comes the Ysl Opium shower gel and body cream. If I have to keep taking my clothes off then clean will not suffice lol.
I also insist on high quality 100% cotton bedding and my Tempur cloud pillow. I deserve it lol and I'm having it. I don't do jewellery etc I'm more into practical things but I like spending my money on me x
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Simple here... more and more bed-time after downturn in health these last months.... so a hot water bottle at my back, book on my lap, held open with a clothes peg, and knitting in my hands, which still work well...utter bliss... need nothing more...all are fed tonight so a quiet hour now...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
I don't really pamper myself either but when I do it'll be to buy half a dozen books to read when I'm snuggled up in bed That's what I call luxury!

I always buy myself something special for my birthday Last year I spent a fortune buying Gwylim and the year before Georgina. I don't regret spending the money and have no intentions of being so extravagant again!
I get paperbacks from charity shops for 50 cents in between the mobile library meetings... our mobile is grand. You can take as many books as you want and no fines or time limit.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
I get paperbacks from charity shops for 50 cents in between the mobile library meetings... our mobile is grand. You can take as many books as you want and no fines or time limit.
I envy you! Although there are plenty of libraries here all the books are in Hungarian and the only way I can get English paperbacks are either to get my DIL in the UK to buy them from the charity shops and send them over or to buy books from The Book Depository.

One of the few things I miss living in Hungary is being able to spend the morning in the library!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
I envy you! Although there are plenty of libraries here all the books are in Hungarian and the only way I can get English paperbacks are either to get my DIL in the UK to buy them from the charity shops and send them over or to buy books from The Book Depository.

One of the few things I miss living in Hungary is being able to spend the morning in the library!
Aww.. wish I could send you some.Just a thought; do you know the gutenberg web site online? They have all the books in the world and you can dowload and read later. That site fed me for many years when I had no library access..https://www.gutenberg.org/ I used to start with "a" and look for likely reads.... wonderful resource.. enjoy!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Pamper? Lol yeah right!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >