View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2016, 12:57 PM
I get the feeling mep's are the rejects June.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Also we wouldn't be paying salaries out to 'MEP's' because I have no idea what they do, probably not a lot
The UKIP ones go to their meetings and refuse to vote on any issue whether good or bad.

I very much doubt that they refuse to pick up their pay cheques though
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2016, 04:49 PM
I have had three leaflets so far the first being from one of the 'out' group then the government one and finally one from Will Straw and 'Stronger in' campaign .

They are all wasting their time with me, I made my decision in 1975 when I voted to leave the Common Market and I haven't changed my mind since.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2016, 10:54 PM
I am convinced that the only thing to do is leave Europe. The amount of money we spend with EU countries is huge - there is no way that any firm will want to say "Au revoir" to one of their best customers.
Let's get out and stay out - don't know about anyone else - but I'm an Englishman and proud of it - not a European.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
I am convinced that the only thing to do is leave Europe. The amount of money we spend with EU countries is huge - there is no way that any firm will want to say "Au revoir" to one of their best customers.
Let's get out and stay out - don't know about anyone else - but I'm an Englishman and proud of it - not a European.
I agree Gordon. While I appreciate the idea of the old Common Market was (among other things) to give preferential trading rates to fellow members and tariffs to those who were not, the world has moved on since then with new markets opening up.
I am sure this country can negotiate its own trade deals without the assistance of the EU.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I understand that Lynn, we are being bombarded by so many views.
I truly believe the saving of £13bn paid each year would be such a help to our ailing NHS.
We would be free to make and monitor our own laws, and control immigration.
I don't profess to understand it all but in my heart I'm sure we would be better out.
Absolutely agree with all of this, so close to what I think that it could have been written by me!

I work for the NHS so I know how bad things are there.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Apparently in Scotland we're not getting the c*ap from Dodgy Dave until after our elections in May. I don't care what drivel he puts in it I will be voting out as will many up here no matter what Nicola Sturgeon says about the Scots wanting to stay in the EU.

I do have a brain dead friend who admits to understanding nothing about politics who will be voting to stay in. She had no answer when I asked why and that's what worries me, the amount of brain dead people who only listen to Dodgy Dave and will vote to stay. I also wonder if we will get the true result or if it's already decided we stay and no matter if we vote out they will say we voted to stay in.

I also wish a new party would start up someone who actually had the British people in mind, who would be honest and trustworthy hahahaha as if eh? we lurch from the Cons to Labour and back again and basically they are one and the same, a bunch of lying, thieving, unworthy, greedy, egoistical low lifes who live in their guilded cages and have no idea how the man in the street lives.

Well I'll get off my high horse now haha
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I am very confused as I can see good points on both sides.As I am actually half German, I have a German passport. ( my mum is Englush) Now I have lived here on England since I was 10 so have worked and payed taxes ect. Now some of the Brexit camp want all foreign nationals to pay for the NHS. Does that mean I should pay too? I don't think I should tbh. Before someone asks - I did attempt to apply for nationalisation but it was very pricey and my son was very young and money was better spent on more important things at the time. Maybe I better do it now
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Apparently in Scotland we're not getting the c*ap from Dodgy Dave until after our elections in May. I don't care what drivel he puts in it I will be voting out as will many up here no matter what Nicola Sturgeon says about the Scots wanting to stay in the EU.

I do have a brain dead friend who admits to understanding nothing about politics who will be voting to stay in. She had no answer when I asked why and that's what worries me, the amount of brain dead people who only listen to Dodgy Dave and will vote to stay. I also wonder if we will get the true result or if it's already decided we stay and no matter if we vote out they will say we voted to stay in.

I also wish a new party would start up someone who actually had the British people in mind, who would be honest and trustworthy hahahaha as if eh? we lurch from the Cons to Labour and back again and basically they are one and the same, a bunch of lying, thieving, unworthy, greedy, egoistical low lifes who live in their guilded cages and have no idea how the man in the street lives.

Well I'll get off my high horse now haha
I agree with you, I don't trust any of the politicians on any side
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Mandy, you could do citizenship if you really want to
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen
You would easily pass any test, my vet did that he us from SA and us now an English citizen
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »