I voted Lib Dems - want to see Lib/LABOUR coalition 4 10.00%
I voted Lib Dems - want to see Lib/CONSERVATIVE coalition 9 22.50%
I voted SNP/Plaid - want to see a Lab/Lib coalition 1 2.50%
I voted SNP/Plaid - want to see a Con/Lib coalition 1 2.50%
I voted another party - want to see a Lab/Lib coalition 0 0%
I voted another party - want to see a Con/Lib coalition 1 2.50%
I did not vote 4 10.00%
I voted - but am not bothered 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I have not voted , because I thought a coalition government was a government made up of multiple parties each with equal say, and I did nto think that was what is on offer..

I thought the whole reason this is taking so long is what the Tories or Labour will "give" the LDems, for their support and votes!!

One is not the same as the other..
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I have not voted , because I thought a coalition government was a government made up of multiple parties each with equal say, and I did nto think that was what is on offer..

I thought the whole reason this is taking so long is what the Tories or Labour will "give" the LDems, for their support and votes!!

Whichever party the LibDems get into bed with it will never be 'equal say' because of the number of MPs.

But if Mr. Clegg really wants a stable and strong government he has to go with the Conservatives as anything else will be weak and subject to tremendous pressure from the likes of the SNP Mr. Salmond has already said he will give his vote to whoever gives the most money to Scotland regardless of what the English get

Personally I would not want a government that was subject to that kind of blackmail
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Whichever party the LibDems get into bed with it will never be 'equal say' because of the number of MPs.

But if Mr. Clegg really wants a stable and strong government he has to go with the Conservatives as anything else will be weak and subject to tremendous pressure from the likes of the SNP Mr. Salmond has already said he will give his vote to whoever gives the most money to Scotland regardless of what the English get

Personally I would not want a government that was subject to that kind of blackmail
I have been watching it most of the evening and to be honest it really is frightening what is coming out of the mouths of some of the politicians (more so that usual!) at a time when they really should be focusing on what the GP! Some of them seem to be slipping and showing thier true colours
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

there are many coalition governents throughout the world involving 2 parties (sometimes 3 or more)

1 party is alwasy senior and 1 party always juinior, according to number of seats won.

whereby you describe the process as what labour or cons will give the lib dems for their support in forming a coalition gov is the logical one, and is standard practice that works well in other countries.

we just arent used to that culture of proportional democracy and concensus politics in the UK.
but we are pretty much not in the mainstream and much behind the times in that sense.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have been watching it most of the evening and to be honest it really is frightening what is coming out of the mouths of some of the politicians (more so that usual!) at a time when they really should be focusing on what the GP! Some of them seem to be slipping and showing thier true colours
Agree with both above.

Voted Tory and want to see Tory in, BUT I do NOT want a re-election. That would cost this government a fortune when we are busily trying to sort out our finances!

Tory/Lib is the best option for me because they share a lot of their policies and beliefs. I hope to God that happens.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:35 AM
I voted Conservative... but am not happy about the 'blackmail' that the Labour/Libs are creating at all... I personally want a government we have voted in and think cons should rule as a minority government, as at the end of the day they won that election and were only short by 20 seats.

Politicians... blarrgghh you can't trust any of them, and I voted, cos my gt grandma was a suffregete
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
there are many coalition governents throughout the world involving 2 parties (sometimes 3 or more)

1 party is alwasy senior and 1 party always juinior, according to number of seats won.

whereby you describe the process as what labour or cons will give the lib dems for their support in forming a coalition gov is the logical one, and is standard practice that works well in other countries.
we just arent used to that culture of proportional democracy and concensus politics in the UK.
but we are pretty much not in the mainstream and much behind the times in that sense.
You mean like Italy, thats not one Country I would say works well...is it not thee most corrupt Country in the EU!!

I dont know that much, but watching all the coverage on TV this weekend, coalition is not a good way to govern..

No we are not used to that culture, but why should we adopt it... its NOT a better way its different, and from all account is far more corrupt than we can ever be.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
no, italian corruption is sadly endemic in their culture is to do with the centruies old stranglehold on the establishment by organised crime.

italy has problems particular to its own history and nation, and its not a bearing on PR.
PR is pretty much standard in most western democracies, and has alwasy in most of these countries produced governments of a security and stability no more or less than our own, but with the added bonus of governments being more representative of the votes cast, ie, fuller democracy.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 09:14 AM
I didn`t vote.. but would prefer to see Labour/Lib coalition
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2010, 11:27 AM
hope its sorted today

the only morally legitimate and secure coalition is between lib dems and cons

labour has even ruled out bringing the SNP into a lib-lab alliance now, so they likely still wouldnt have enough MP's to form a parliamentary majority..

....i mean, a so called 'progressive alliance' (thats a joke in itself, as caroline lucas, green mp, has rightly pointed out) would only be seen as the 'losers alliance'.
would be totally unstable and screw england as the price to incl welsh scots and irish national parties would be to give them the light end of the forthcoming budget cuts.

nick clegg and his negotiating team knows this, but he has to be seen to be paying lip service to his grass roots ideological tribalist brigade, whom cant stomach a tory linkage.

but excuse me, screw them.
if dogsey polls are a good berometer of national opinion, the lib dem voters want them allied with cameron/tory, not brown, even as 'until september brown', nor just another unelected labour party PM.

Cameron and his team have defied their own ideologues and tribalists and have been very compromising.

he is offering exactly the same referendum with exactly the half measure toward PR - Alternative Vote - that labour are offering, which is a good first step on the road to full PR.

we need Vince Cable in the treasury team
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >