Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 07:23 AM

How would you deal with harassment ?

Morning all,

I am interested and intrigued to know how you would deal with harassment. Whether, you have experienced this, and if you have ever considered protection from the harassment act 1997.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Depends what kind.... i.e. at work? when you are at home?

Most places of work have policies about harassment, I know we do. If I was being harassed at work, I'd be reporting it to my line manager or suitable other person.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Depends what sort.... can only think of one time we were harrassed and it took a solicitor's letter to sort it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Depends but if it was at work.....I had that happen!!!

I was working at a Vets (the last place) was head hunted by the owner who offered me more money and a lot more responsibility.
I had just taken Reah on, when he has a Major fall out with a client who ran the local dog rescue. This particular person helped me out alot with Reah by giving me lifts to and from the Hydro pool in Oldbury, she also did many collections in the street to help me pay for Reah's Op on her back legs..............so I didn't fall out with ''said'' person.

My ''bully'' boss, harassed me mentally, by cutting me out of staff decussions, BBQ at his home (all the other staff invitied) taking parts of my job off me and finally refusing Reah any follow up treatment....so I had to go to another vets. He told me that if I dropped my friendship with '''said ''' person....we could once again get on a even keel.

I left and took him to a tribunal.........yes he tried to patch things up with me, even tried talking to me so we could settle before the tribunal.....but he made my life hell for months, making me feel lonely, a failiure, a complete P***t in front of staff and clients.............so I made him pay...sorry he picked on the WRONG person.

He wrote a letter to me 3 years later.....wishing me all the best in my marriage and inviting me to come and see him to KISS and MAKEUP (so to speak).....I wrote a letter to him..................but I won't print what I suggested he did.