Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 11:19 AM

Trouble with Daisy Again - vomiting

Daisy was being sick last night. She must have been sick about four times the last time was about 9 o clock this morning, she is looking really sorry for herself. Just wondered whether the ear infection that she has at the moment is anything to do with it, she is on a 10 day course of antibiotic drops at the moment. My poor little Daisy it is just one thing after another.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 11:24 AM
What does the vomit look like. Is she off her food? Is she drinking and if so is it more than usual? Is she spayed?
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Definitely dinner that you brought up, although it is getting watery now. She seems to drink after being sick, probably due to the bad taste. Having said that she hasn`t been sick since 9 now, so hopefully her stomach is calming down, hope it is just a tummy bug.
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Its weird because Milo was sick when he had an ear infection too it might just be due to a rise in temperature... He went off food for 2 days so I was just putting scrambled egg in his bowl and he'd eat that... Hope she feels better
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Ear infection can cause nausea because it can effect the sense of balance and AB's can upset stomachs however if she improves that is fine but if she is still being sick tomorrow then I would want a vet to look at her.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I think i will put her on 24 hours starvation and try scrambled egg in the morning, I don't think she will want to eat anyway at the moment, she is very lethargic, but I can imagine she must be feeling pretty awful at the moment
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi Katiecoos

Antibiotics can destroy the 'good bacteria' in the stomach... I would give her a bit of yogurt or ask your vet to give you some probiotics which will restore the natural balance.

Hope your girl gets better soon
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos
I think i will put her on 24 hours starvation and try scrambled egg in the morning, I don't think she will want to eat anyway at the moment, she is very lethargic, but I can imagine she must be feeling pretty awful at the moment
Try to get some liquids into her, home made meat or fish stock (very little if any salt) if you have a little meat left from your meal to day boil it up in a little water and liquidise and let her have a tablespoon every hour or so serve it at room temperature.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 04:36 PM
At the moment she hasn`t had a problem with drinking so she is hydrating. She was sick again at 1 o`clock, its now 4.40 so keeping my fingers crossed. If no better tomorrow, I will be ringing the vets.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Awww poor Daisy, hope it's just something to do with her bad ear and nothing more. I wouldn't put anything down for her to eat,I think she will let you know if she's hungry which in turn will mean she's not feeling sick anymore? That's what mine does anyway. Hope you don't have to go to the vets tomorrow with her too Poor little girl, I hate it when they're feeling sick and there's not much you can do. Keep changing her water bowl to encourage her to drink plenty. Hope she feels better now anyway.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >