Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2023, 08:20 AM

Thursday 1st June 2023

Well who would have believed that May has gone and now we start thinking of something coming in a few months time. Seriously I have already seen an advert for it. Anyway hope you get your choice of pup Lynn. Kelly maybe they just don't have any spare beds and just need to keep an eye on you for a few hours. You can always sign yourself out if feel well enough. My book that I am reading is an eye opener for me. I love reading books about WW11 and this one is set in France. Different for me as they are usually set in England. My lunch was lovely with Margaret. Only downside was because the trains were yet again on strike the bus she went to get home was running late so she didn't get home till much later than expected. Oh well next week hopefully back to normal timings. Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow.

Brenda A work colleague of mine goes to France regularly to collect shells etc and also visit battle sites.

Work today late finish so Hayhow. Overcast weather wise but planning on a nice weekend according to forecast. Have a plant swop at the community
allotment Saturday so as long as nothing blows away we will be fine, and looking forward to it.

Apart from a meal out with some from work on I think Friday but got to check and Sunday lunch with friends nothing planned. Oh actually with this weather forecast my niece and partner may break ground on their extension we shall see.

Catch you all later people maybe before I go to work.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2023, 01:57 PM
Afternoon brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
We bought the Antara, drove well on the way home and the electric to the tow bar work.
We stopped at the caravan on the way back to check. I let the guy know how annoyed I was and how stressed it made me, he had already been and taxed it and he paid for the new V5.
It has cost us 6 months tax and we usually do it monthly but never mind, needn't worry about that for 6 months.
Now fingers crossed it doesn't have any problems like the other two did.

brenda glad you had a nice time with Margaret.
Kazz sounds a lovely weekend lined up.
Sue hope you are having an easier day.
griff hope all is well with you.
Chris thinking of you.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2023, 05:55 PM
Good evening all.

The funeral was a beautiful service full of wonderful memories from all the family of John's life. Heart wrenching, but beautiful. Linda, his wife, came home from hospital only a few days ago so one of their daughters was left to arrange everything. She did an amazing job

Now for my news. After one heck of a lot of heartbreak over losing Rosie, we have a new puppy. Funnily enough, this time it was me that needed one heck of a lot of persuading and it was only that my son said that if anything happens to us he will take him on, that persuaded me.

So, fast asleep in his basket at the side of me on the sofa is Teddy. Named by the breeder because he looks like a tiny teddy bear and not only does the name suit, but he answers to it so Teddy it is.

We picked him up last night on our way back from the funeral and so far no indoor accidents. He slept well last night so not a lot of sleep disturbance. He's a Yorkshire Terrier x Poodle, or 'Yorkie Poo'. He is the result of an accidental mating between poodle mum and yorkie dad who are the breeders own dogs. Two pups only. He's brown and fluffy all over with a few terrier traits.

We already love him to bits and while he'll never take the place of Rosie, he has already filled a huge dog shaped void that has been horrendous over the last week
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2023, 07:46 PM
Good evening everyone

Hope work has gone ok Kazz

Good Margaret made it to you Brenda not so good about late getting home

Pleased the funeral went well Chris. How lovely a new companion for you. As you say he wont replace Rosie but he will help heal your sorrow.

Hope th car behaves for you Lynn and you have many happy times towing.

Lovely day here. Got a phone call at 7.45 from the people who installed out electric roller garage doors. I had a problem with one shutting (well not shutting) so he came and serviced it as all seems ok at the moment. I then decided to paint the bedroom that Paul uses. So removed bed and a bedside table, sanded down the woodwork, washed all down and painted the skirting, door and frame and skirting boards. Will paint the walls tomorrow.

Just having lunch and Ben messaged could I look after Ana and Sarah as he had to take Maria to the hospital for a blood test so have spent the afternoon over there. Three of their neighbours were having a bar-b-que out the front so they asked me to join them. It was all other chaotic but everyone seemed to enjoy it. All supplied something to eat and then you just chose what you wanted.

Take care everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2023, 10:36 PM
Chris So pleased the funeral as lovely you are a lovely family so I expected as much. But nice when its all gone satisfactorily.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2023, 10:38 PM
Well I logged on hoping for a bit of good news and blow me down you have surpassed yourselves.

Lynn New car and 6 months tax and it hooks to the caravan
Sue BBQ (cooked by others) and grandchildren what can be better.
Chris You have surpassed my good news and gone straight to the top of my "flag" which I am waving crazily from Brum A puppy A PUPPY What a cracking name as well and he sounds like he will be a lucky chap and make your lives full of joy. Rosie has left a lovely legacy of a happy well trained set of humans for Teddy to enjoy.