Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 06:30 AM

Sunny Saturday 27th May 2023

Morning all. Just had an email from my cousin in New Zealand and they are just coming into Autumn so getting cooler and leaves dropping from the trees. Amazing how things differ in countries. Reading a good book at the moment called One Man and his Bike written by Mike Carter It is about him cycling the coast of Britain Very entertaining. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 08:44 AM
Good morning Brenda have a good day

Many happy journeys with your new car Lynn.

Lovely morning here too. Nothing planned as the family have arrived until after lunch then I might go into the garden

Takecare everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2023, 10:14 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Nice warm sunny day here again today. Will be picking the car up later.
Feeling very nervous after our last two issues.

brenda enjoy your book.
Sue enjoy the garden later.
Chris more hugs are coming your way.
griff hoping all is well with you.
Kazz have a lovely day whatever you are doing.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Afternoon all, oooo, it's scorchio, been in the garden in my bikini. Football on this afternoon but it's on sky, offered to buy a day pass for my dad but he said he wouldn't be able to cope lol.
Just about to pop to town, just need something to do really
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Chris, meant to say, I am thinking of you and your family xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2023, 12:40 PM
Would you Adam and eve it ?
Had a call from the guy selling us the car, had the service done, only problem no V5. Now no mention of this yesterday when we were doing the deal, we knew it was from an auction sale but he should have mentioned this.
We have backed out much to his annoyance, now waiting to see if he sticks by his word and returns our £500 deposit by bank transfer.
We gave them cash. Plus I have had to cancel the insurance which has cost us £30 admin fee.

I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 09:19 PM
Good evening all

Been a lovely day here weather wise think its everywhere you know why don't you its Summer LOL

Out this morning with eldest niece a nice wander around a garden centre, surprising how they grow up, I pottered off and when we joined back up she said "try not to go out of my sightline Kal its busy in here " I mean HELLO but she is good company though always has been we found and laughed over a bonsai tree that's roots were similar to the Mandrake ones in the Harry Potter books. Had a nice afternoon pottering in the garden planting up some succulents.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 09:25 PM
Chris Hope you are doing okay, its hard and will get harder then bearable. Lots of Love to all.

Brenda Will note that book down I am reading at the moment well coming to the end "The Man who lived in a Tent" very enjoyable easy reading.

Sue How is your new grass taking well I hope. Hope you managed to get some time in the garden before the family arrived.

Griff My neighbours daughter was in her bikini today too I was 3/4shorts and t-shirt.

Lynn Was going to say as per Sue Happy motoring but blinking heck better to get out now though than get caught up again like the last two times with something you do not expect hope he does return your money if a dealer he should. Your car is out there don't give up hope.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Good evening all

Well, I've stopped bursting into tears whenever anyone asks me where Rosie is (she had so many friends on our walks) then this morning I received a card from her vets with her pawprint on the front and inside this poem:

Meet Me at Rainbow Bridge

When you feel a little lonely
and all you want is me
Just place a hand upon your heart
and you'll know that's where I'll be

I know how much you're hurting
but remember me and smile
I know we are apart right now
but it's only for a while

Take comfort that I'm happy
Where the sky is always blue
I'll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
When Heaven calls for you

Boy oh boy did that set me off and has done again typing it, but I have a treasured card with that oh so special paw print

There are two big holes in our hearts, the main one being Rosie shaped and the other being dog shaped. The house feels so empty as do our walks. I miss my little girl so much
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2023, 10:23 PM
Chris, it's so lovely when vets do that, my vets did it with Steve for Molly....I thought it was lovely. I know you said no more dogs and I completely get that, but you and Dave have so much love to give, do you think you could foster....maybe an oldie?? As we all know, you are never replacing your lost friend as no two dogs are alike, you are just sharing that love.....I would foster after my two but I doubt I fit the criteria and my life is somewhat chaotic
Lynn, so sorry to hear about the car, when Steve went to buy his mini, the guy didn't have the logbook but said he would do it online later ..the car went back very quickly. The car he has now was bought via an auction, fault cured and sold on....the last v5 was issued years ago, I assume the new seller wasn't registered as the keeper but all checks out and Steve has the new log book. Do you really want the vehicle?? If so, could you wait for the v5, a v5 doesn't prove ownership anyway, but....if the seller could register you as the new keeper and have the logbook sent to you before you pay the balance....you both get what you want, you get the car, he gets the remaining cash.....tbf, logbooks get lost constantly, Steve has lost 2!!! Both times he has scrapped the vehicle but it means I have to write to the DVLA stating all of his details, the vehicle he is scrapping...who he sold it too and the date, I always tell him to put the paper work safe ....he can never find it, this time, I physically made him put it in the coffe table in front of me!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >