Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2023, 08:24 AM

Friendly Friday 19th May 2023

Morning all. Hope Rosie is ok Chris. The sun is trying to come out but a wee bit chilly first thing. Have a good day everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2023, 09:20 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow.

Yes sun is out here now but no heat however far from artic conditions so happiness. Off to the farm shop and boots or the other way round LOL

Catch you all later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2023, 10:10 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Sort of sunny here with light rain.
The new bed frame has arrived thank goodness, it wasn't due till Monday, also the retractable for the front garden has arrived too.
Hopefully we can begin to get straight today as Freya is over later tomorrow for a sleepover.

Chris I am thinking of you.
Kazz enjoy your trip out.
Hope the weather improves brenda for you.
Sue hoping for a calmer day for you.
griff hoping all is going well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2023, 10:25 AM
Good morning all

It's rained all morning here so a car ride rather than the scooters.

I'm waiting for a call back from the vets to discuss booking her in for the op next week. The lump has started to bother her now so as much as I'd like to think she can wait longer, I know she can't. A depressing conversation between us two this morning, but we are both of the same mind. Rosie has always come first and I don't want her to be in any sort of pain or discomfort. Hopefully. the op will go well and we get to keep my beautiful girl for a while longer. That's what I'm pinning all my hopes and prayers on at the moment
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Afternoon Chris.
You know Rosie and I agree if anything can keep her with you a while longer and not cause her distress while recovering I say go for it.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Fingers crossed for Rosie next week Chris.

It is good when things arrive earlier than expected at least you can get it all organised before Freyda comes for the sleep over.

I hope both you Brenda and Kazz have a good day

On duty this morning and again this afternoon. Houework day today so nothing else has got done. It was sunny first thing and I though it was quite warm until I left my jacket off to take the girls into school. Soon put it back on to take Teazle for her walk Chris if things need doing I can't sit and look at them I have to be doing. I still have four door fronts to paint and then must get out into the garden to give it another tidy up. Then the reverse of all the bedroom doors will need doing. Still no hurry for them as only I can see them

Take care everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2023, 12:09 PM
I've perfected the art of procrastination Sue

The vet has just called back. She's booked her in for next Thursday, but has told me not to give her anything to eat until 9.30 am on Tuesday in case she gets a cancellation. I honestly feel sick at the thought of what might happen
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Awwww Chris I feel sure if your vet didn't feel that it will go well for Rosie she would be having a different conversation with you.
I do however get where you are coming from and until it is done and Rosie is on the road to recovery you will be feeling wretched about it all.

You are doing your best and being guided by your vet that's all any of us can do when faced with these decisions. Go with your gut.

Sue we have a lot more painting to do and a garden to tidy and a dump run.
I think though when Freya goes home sometime Sunday we are going to need the week to recover.
We haven't got her Monday as they are off to Butlin's with Lauren's brother and family not sure if both brothers or the one brother.
We hadn't intended buying a new bed frame and putting another job into the equation but the frame was old, and it was one of those that you lift and it has storage underneath. My word do the things get dusty that are stored underneath.
With the laminate and two drawers hopefully not so much dust to accumulate plus I have sorted through some things and some can go to charity some I will keep and the rest in the bin or down the dump, I have got it down to a lot less than it was.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2023, 01:20 PM
That's the problem Lynn. Her vet thinks it is probably going to be futile but wants to try to give her one last shot. She loves Rosie and had tears in her eyes when we discussed it at the last examination. BUT, no matter how little hope there is, there is still hope and I'm clinging to it.

There's been lots of tears today just booking the appointment, but, for Rosie's sake it's all smiles and spoiling from now until she has to go in.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2023, 01:37 PM
I feel for you I really do having been there a few times as have you and it is never easy.

Well bed together but no drawers. Had to message the seller and hopefully they will arrive in the next day or so.
At least we don't have to sleep on the floor again (on the mattress). 2 nights is way to long.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >