View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zellypup
New Member!
Male 

07-02-2018, 06:57 PM
i am going to start the comparison shopping, i'll check those 2 out.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2018, 09:42 PM
From my experience with puppies that bite the protein is to high. When buying food you can feed adult food which is lower in protein. Go for a food that states meat content first followed by the other ingredients. Try to avoid maize in the ingredients. Go for a dry food with no more than 24% protein. Not to much excitement more calm brain work. Let the food build the pup. So not to much strenuous exercise until at least 6 to 8 months old. The guidance is 5 minutes per month of age outside the home for exercise. Hope that helps.
zellypup
New Member!
Male 

08-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Thank you! Lots of good information!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2018, 10:08 PM
A lot of interesting and useful information on this forum.

A tale I have probably told here before. It concerns biting.
Many years ago, 50 or some. I had a dog quite similar to the one I have now. Big, gentle fellow. Got him as a puppy and he also went everywhere with me. As does Max, the current beast.

A neighbouring family invited to celebrate new year's eve with them - Hogmanay for us. They also had a dog, the brother of ours. Twin even since they were from the same litter and looked identical.

I sat down to enjoy a drink and the twin was lying by the side of the chair. I absently leant over to stroke it. It bit me and snarled. Not quite what I expected.

Two dogs from the same litter, twins, - polar opposite in temperament. The difference had to be nurture rather than nature didn't it?

I suppose that concurs with what a lot posters here are saying. Treat your dog right and you can fix problems - or, more importantly, won't have them in the first place.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2018, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
A lot of interesting and useful information on this forum.

A tale I have probably told here before. It concerns biting.
Many years ago, 50 or some. I had a dog quite similar to the one I have now. Big, gentle fellow. Got him as a puppy and he also went everywhere with me. As does Max, the current beast.

A neighbouring family invited to celebrate new year's eve with them - Hogmanay for us. They also had a dog, the brother of ours. Twin even since they were from the same litter and looked identical.

I sat down to enjoy a drink and the twin was lying by the side of the chair. I absently leant over to stroke it. It bit me and snarled. Not quite what I expected.

Two dogs from the same litter, twins, - polar opposite in temperament. The difference had to be nurture rather than nature didn't it?

I suppose that concurs with what a lot posters here are saying. Treat your dog right and you can fix problems - or, more importantly, won't have them in the first place.
Great post - and so true. I just do not believe that bad dogs are born - it is us humans who make them bad. No dog wants to bite - it is virtually always out of fear when they do. I treat children and dogs in the same way - both know their place in my pecking order - in my house me and my husband rule, my daughter and grandson come below us and Ben is at the bottom of the heap. Everyone is happy, works like a dream. Children and dogs treated with the same discipline and love - so simple - but so many go so wrong by pandering to their every need and want, or by doing the opposite. The Victorians had it right - children should be seen and not heard - I would include dogs in that.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Great post - and so true. I just do not believe that bad dogs are born - it is us humans who make them bad. No dog wants to bite - it is virtually always out of fear when they do. I treat children and dogs in the same way - both know their place in my pecking order - in my house me and my husband rule, my daughter and grandson come below us and Ben is at the bottom of the heap. Everyone is happy, works like a dream. Children and dogs treated with the same discipline and love - so simple - but so many go so wrong by pandering to their every need and want, or by doing the opposite. The Victorians had it right - children should be seen and not heard - I would include dogs in that.
Indeed. I learned a lot of applicable lessons from bringing up three children. From childhood to adulthood.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Yup! You can't go far wrong if you raise both species in the same way!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2018, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Yup! You can't go far wrong if you raise both species in the same way!
Indeed. This my dog being told to wait while my dear wife converses with a friend.

I think he is more obedient than my kids...........
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2018, 09:45 AM
His body language says it all!!! The thing about kids is you can at least whack them when they're out of order ... I would not dream of hitting a dog ��������
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Those question marks are supposed to be smilie faces!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >