Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2019, 09:45 AM

Daily Chat Thursday 21st November

Good morning everyone

Fingers crossed for a good appointment at the hospital Chris.

Dull and windy here.Barry out blowing up leaves - a complete waste of time in my opinion - so no doubt will have to go and help bag them. Teazle at the vet this afternoon for a final check on her teeth but she is eating as usual so no problems the I can see.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Good luck today Chris
And good luck Teazle too
Slept badly, got up late and I was supposed to be doing stuff...whoops!!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2019, 11:47 AM
3 1/2 bags of leaves up today so not a complete waste of time. I make all decisions when I am allowed to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Hello all. Do you compost them Barry. Good for the garden Leaf mould.

Good luck for Teazle at the vets and for Chris at the hospital. Just been informed that my retinopathy examination was all ok.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Good evening all.

Long, long day.

The hospital appointment was weird. Appointment was for 1.30 pm. Doctor turned up at 2.30 pm. I was back in the car at 2.45 pm after paying the parking charge. It was a 'touch your fingers together', no not Parkinsons, but essential tremours, no effective treatments, bye. Highly weird, but hey ho, I'm willing to go with it for now and the tremours don't really bother me that much at present. The shaking leg does, but only when driving and stressed. It come on only when touching the ball of my foot and toes to the floor and my leg sorta dances. No real problem because I can just flatten my foot to the floor and it stops. If I'm stressed though and driving any distance, it's bloody annoying. Not dangerous, but ANNOYING. Ah well, it could have gone much worse today

Very cold again this morning, but a top coat warmer when we were in Boston. Easterly winds on the east coast tends to take your breath away
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Chris...I am guessing it's good news but no firm diagnosis?? I would be raging if they arrived that late with no explanation. I remember going to see a neurologist, we were there early, the nurse was great GOD ( consultant) showed up late and begun having a go at the nurse... just as my mum was about to give him what for I did it lol, I said excuse me, we were here early, the nurse was here on time and had your clinic set up and waiting.... you were late and please remember without the nursing staff you are nothing! Treat her with respect lol...the nurses face was a picture and I just sat there saying who the "f**k did he think he was lol... misdiagnosed me too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2019, 11:06 PM
It was strange, Kelly. Nurse took my blood pressure, 174/90 and said "oh, it's very high" and that was the last it was mentioned. I'm not confident that a 10 minute appointment and the lack of interest told me anything really, but the good thing is that time will tell. If things get worse, I'll just go back to my GP. If not, then I suppose I can safely assume this doctors guess was right .

I might just arrange a blood pressure check up at the GP's after Christmas just to see what's what, but other than that, I'll leave things as they are.