Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:45 PM

took ben on a bus ride

he was good, didnt get panicy at all. but he managed to upset some muslims that where on the bus, sorry but tough. my dog goes where ever i want to take him. one woman was screaming all cause ben walked past her, sorry he was being good, he was on a lead and under control. if they dont like get off the bus n wait for the next one.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:55 PM
i have always taken my dogs on a bus,we used to go to the vets using the bus i never had any problems except for trying to get people to stop stroking them long enough for me to get of the bus stupid woman screaming because ben walked past people like that bug the hell out of me.glad he behaved himself
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Would have served her right if he had growled at her and then she would have had something to scream about.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Took saturn on a bus again the other day...as I was paying he went into hyper wag mode ( he has such a fantastic waggy tail)..then let out the most excited high pitched woof you've ever heard!!! Cheeky pup was telling the passengers he was on his way to be stroked!!!!!
Silly woman screaming...some people have no idea.
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2006, 03:03 PM
I get that kind of thing a lot round here, the population is 90+% Muslim, grown men and women jumping to get out of the way when they see Rosie approaching on her lead,kids throwing stones and litter at her etc. I know that Muslims have a different cultural attitude to dogs and see them only as guarding and hunting animals, they would never allow them in their house or be seen to be a servant to the dog by walking it, they also believe that if a dog should pass in front of them while they are praying that their prayers would not be heard.
Muslims particularly dislike black dogs as Mohammed is supposed to have decreed that all black dogs be slaughtered.

I do have Muslim neighbours and while they have never fussed over Rosie they have admired her and said she is a nice dog.
I really can't wait to move house in July and get back to civilization.

Well done Ben for being good on the bus
Neither myself or my o/h drive so it is always vital for our dogs to be used to busses, trains etc.

Keep up the good work Ben
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2006, 03:10 PM
It is nothing to do with Muslims liking or not liking dogs, if a dogs saliva comes into contact with their body they have to go through a complex cleansing process. I live part of the week in a house containing Brunei and Nigerian Muslim girls who would love to cuddle Amy but are forbidden by their culture from doing so..
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 04:13 PM
well i never knew that mini ....didn't realise
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 05:28 PM
i was told that they thought dogs where a low life who cause they shed hair they are dirty, its the same with any animal with fur.
igve had muslims walk in the road to avoid walking near us, bens been spat at screamed at,not good,
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 06:43 AM
i've also had muslims cross the road to avoid me and the dog(s), but I will also move out of the way if I see anyone looking worried. I think that's only fair, I respect them and I would hope by the same token they'll respect me and my right to own and train dogs, not every muslim will do that, but I think most will, there is good and bad in any group of people. Perhaps the lady was genuinely scared of dogs...still think she was stupid to scream though!!!!
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
i've also had muslims cross the road to avoid me and the dog(s), but I will also move out of the way if I see anyone looking worried. I think that's only fair, I respect them and I would hope by the same token they'll respect me and my right to own and train dogs, not every muslim will do that, but I think most will, there is good and bad in any group of people. Perhaps the lady was genuinely scared of dogs...still think she was stupid to scream though!!!!
I too give a wide berth to anyone who looks genuinely uncomfortable about walking past the dog. I do get compliments on how well behaved Rosie is fairly often, frequently from elerly Muslim men whom I've found to be really friendly and talkative since living here.

My Muslim neighbours are great, they gave my son and I Christmas presents and a card and they always give Oliver all the meat flavous when they buy multi-packs of crisps. I wish I could take them with me when I move, I'll only have neighbours on one side when I do and they'll be a sozzled old Irish couple and they are a different kettle of fish entirely.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >