twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2012, 04:48 PM
My addictions are/were
Chocolate
Bread
Wine
I've stopped buying them as I can't seem to take them in moderation!
Still get cravings for a doorstep slice of white bread with lashings of real butter. Rice cakes just aren't the same.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 05:00 PM
It has taken me 5 months to lose 1.5 stone through sheer deprivation and what happens? They start selling mince pies, I love 'em
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Oooo H I used to love ice cream but haven't had it for years. Although I did try the Swiss Glace brand - which is lactose free.

A healthier alternative is getting a auger juicer and making your own sorbets:

I want to get one

:
Gawd, he does go on a bit doesn't he, I couldn't do the whole video I'm afraid, but suffice to say, if you can get a bunch of bananas in it, then I'm sure I can get a bar of chocolate and some cream to make my ice cream in it, so yes, I'll buy one!!!!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 05:20 PM
macdonalds chips!!!
veggie percy pigs from m&s
garlic bread
pom bear crisps
strawberry ribena

how i am not the size of a house i don't know
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2012, 05:27 PM
My real addiction is raspberries but sadly they are almost out of season for this year

I have just planted half a dozen raspberry canes so hope to have my very own supply one summer very soon

I have been eating healthfully for so long things like chocolate and biscuits never cross my mind .
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Gawd, he does go on a bit doesn't he, I couldn't do the whole video I'm afraid, but suffice to say, if you can get a bunch of bananas in it, then I'm sure I can get a bar of chocolate and some cream to make my ice cream in it, so yes, I'll buy one!!!!
I could not understand what he was saying
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 07:27 PM
You're not alone grandma, I had to mute him and resort to watching what he did, but he was too slooooooow for me
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Oh I used to love the pink and white nougat, but cant bite it with my new gnashers. So the other day I bought a bag of soft nougat, oh dear big mistake I popped some in my mouth and my false teeth stuck together I couldn't even open my mouth, took me ages to get it out and set my mouth free. But I did manage to get the taste of it. My latest addiction is maltesers. I have to eat them until I feel sick, but I still eat more when the sickness subsides.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
My addictions are/were
Chocolate
Bread
Wine
I've stopped buying them as I can't seem to take them in moderation!
Still get cravings for a doorstep slice of white bread with lashings of real butter. Rice cakes just aren't the same.
I'm currently on a sort of bread addiction... I started creating my own sourdough bread and finally got it to a recipe I like.... but then ended up killing my sourdough starter cos I forgot to feed it

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It has taken me 5 months to lose 1.5 stone through sheer deprivation and what happens? They start selling mince pies, I love 'em
That's brilliant Jenny - well done! You should go on my detox if you wanna loose weight, the pounds will fly off

Have you ever tried welsh cakes btw? I used to love them!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yeah I was gonna say skip right to the end but basically you put frozen bananas (or other fruit) in and you get a lovely sorbet

I want to get one for juicing veg tho, because this type of juicer does not oxidise the juice as quickly (so it lasts for longer)

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
macdonalds chips!!!
veggie percy pigs from m&s
garlic bread
pom bear crisps
strawberry ribena

how i am not the size of a house i don't know
I used to love Maccy Ds And Garlic bread! And normal ribena.

Can you tell, I used to be a bit of a porker

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
My real addiction is raspberries but sadly they are almost out of season for this year

I have just planted half a dozen raspberry canes so hope to have my very own supply one summer very soon

I have been eating healthfully for so long things like chocolate and biscuits never cross my mind .
Not sure if you saw on Over50s, but I nicked a raspberry plant shoot from Rocky's walk and planted it in the bit where Rocky used to jump up on in the garden... there's two twiggy things growing, but I'm not sure yet if they are a raspberry plant... or weeds! Will have to wait and see what the spring brings

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I could not understand what he was saying
He does talk a lot of gibberish doesn't he Malka
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

That's brilliant Jenny - well done! You should go on my detox if you wanna loose weight, the pounds will fly off

Have you ever tried welsh cakes btw? I used to love them!

I have very little will power Azz, which is why it has taken me this long to lose what I have
Yes I have a Welsh friend who makes them whenever I go for coffee mmmmmm!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >