View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I would probably try it if it was wild caught rabbit but wouldn't eat 'farmed' rabbit because of the conditions they are kept in. Whisper doesn't like rabbit (which is unfortunate; given the amount of rabbit I ordered and still have in the freezer..... )

But it does look lovely and lean when I put it out for Whisper! And that is the biggest thing with me and eating meat as well as all the ethical issues - I cannot *stand* any fat or gristle on meat. I eat mostly Quorn these days tbh...... with the odd trip to McDonalds lol. Am no saint!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I had a pet rabbit as a child looong ago now. I called him Popeye as he only had one eye. He lived in a hutch at the end of the garden,

One morning when I went out to feed him the hutch door was open and he had GONE!

I searched the lanes in tears and was dreadfully late for school... No joy

At dinner time, the meal was rabbit. They said it came from the next door folk .I was a trusting and innocent child and never made the connection and was in fact in my 20s when my mother confessed that that was Popeye. My father had killed it and she refused to touch it so he got the people next door to cook it
I was physcially sick then.

But had rabbit a few times when I was on a small island where they were rife.

Just not my friend Popeye!

I used to keep hens but could never have eaten them either
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
The farm near us has started selling rabbit, so we tried it and made a stew.

Really didn't like it, so in the end the dogs had it mixed in with their biscuits.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by JamieWilson View Post
The farm near us has started selling rabbit, so we tried it and made a stew.

Really didn't like it, so in the end the dogs had it mixed in with their biscuits.
Bet they enjoyed it!
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8