Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 04:24 PM

Christmas Lunch/Dinner

After several years of failed attempts cooking turkey(was like sawdust) I gave up and opted for beef instead. Just wondered if anyone had a favourite meat/meal for Christmas or if trying something different/unusual even?
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I have lots of meat in my house on offer for the christmas tuck in..............turkey...chicken....ham....pork and beef..............yes i am very busy on christmas eve lol
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 04:52 PM
It is only last year that Sid and I had Turkey as a couple (been together 21yrs )

We've had a variety of Christmas meats for the main course including Duck, Pheasant, Beef and Goose - my favourite is Duck, only problem is there isn't tons of meat on it.

Must admit though after many years avoiding Turkey, we thoroughly enjoyed it last year. So this year we are keeping traditional with Turkey for Christmas Day and a Duck for New Years Day - ohh making myself hungry at the thought!!

Boxing Day is one of my faves, we always have a big buffet full of sarnies, pizza, nibbles, it's fab to graze on while watching telly
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I have lots of meat in my house on offer for the christmas tuck in..............turkey...chicken....ham....pork and beef..............yes i am very busy on christmas eve lol
That's what I call a meat feast!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
It is only last year that Sid and I had Turkey as a couple (been together 21yrs )

We've had a variety of Christmas meats for the main course including Duck, Pheasant, Beef and Goose - my favourite is Duck, only problem is there isn't tons of meat on it.

Must admit though after many years avoiding Turkey, we thoroughly enjoyed it last year. So this year we are keeping traditional with Turkey for Christmas Day and a Duck for New Years Day - ohh making myself hungry at the thought!!

Boxing Day is one of my faves, we always have a big buffet full of sarnies, pizza, nibbles, it's fab to graze on while watching telly

Am glad you've had success with turkey, duck is a favourite here too and goose(to expensive though ) All this is making me hungry now too
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 05:29 PM
We do a Turkey, a Chicken and a Ham.

Duck on New Years Day here as well!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 05:54 PM
GOOSE!!!

We've been having goose for about three years and its lush!

The bonus is that you get about a pint of fat off it so you've got a ready made supply of goose fat for future roast dinners. The far from ours last year lasted 7 months in the fridge!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
We do a Turkey, a Chicken and a Ham.

Duck on New Years Day here as well!
Ahh so you've had success with turkey as well,(where did i go wrong )
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
GOOSE!!!

We've been having goose for about three years and its lush!

The bonus is that you get about a pint of fat off it so you've got a ready made supply of goose fat for future roast dinners. The far from ours last year lasted 7 months in the fridge!
Yummm! Now I love to see and hear the geese flying over, but (sorry if upsets anyone ) can't help thinking 'why can't one of you fly your way into my kitchen
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 09:24 PM
We have rib of beef - it's lush. I actually bought it yesterday and put it in the freezer.......

Expensive, but soooo worth it!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >