Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 12:45 PM

British Sieger

Wondered if any other GSD enthusiasts are hoping to go to the show this weekend. All being well if I'm fit enough I hope to be there.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 12:52 PM
No, been once and shown my dog and once was enough!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm definitely not showing but I am interested to see what if any interest they have in the long coated classes. It will be next year now before the rule of all adults having to gait off lead at some point will come in after protests there wasn't enough warning. Mind you with some it will be interesting to see the lap with a loose lead that is asked for this year if they don't do an off lead lap.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Sheila Rankin said that after all the hoo ha of the Long Coats wanting to enter, there are VERY VERY few, so do not get too excited.

Pathetic that handlers/owners do not have sufficient control over their dogs to be able to gait them off lead in an enclosed arena!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Pathetic that handlers/owners do not have sufficient control over their dogs to be able to gait them off lead in an enclosed arena!
Totally agree When I was younger & showing at this sort of level mine were all trained to gait alongside a handler using the command close. Mind you with most of them I had to hide or they came to me, & its been about 30 years since I was fit enough to show my own
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Where is it?
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Where is it?
Here you go

http://www.bagsd.net/images/2011%20B...sched%2011.pdf
Warro
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I might go on the Saturday, just to spectate. Have to say though that petrol si so expensive that I am in two minds about it
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Sheila Rankin said that after all the hoo ha of the Long Coats wanting to enter, there are VERY VERY few, so do not get too excited.

I went to a junior event to watch a few months back - first time I have been to that style of show - I came away thinking two things
1. Ugh re the 'outside attraction' area - was way too noisy for me - but quite amusing to watch
2. I just would not enter a dog that has not had sufficient training to gait on OR off lead - embarrassing or what!

I got the impression there were not many long coats entered too.
Do wish I could go though - will be great to watch the top dogs!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Well it was a great 2 days & after all the talk of its not possible to show at both types of show KC & SV rules who got VA1 & Sieger with a great performance Elmo, who won Best of Breed at Crufts. We were really lucky with the weather, a few disapointments with dogs I liked the look of failing their schutzhund yesterday & some hilarious times today with the off or loose lead gaiting, though the girl I admire most did it with a dog she'd only met 3 hours before whose owner was stuck on the motorway an hour away from the show in a traffic jam.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >