Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Usually when you first get a Greyhound they can't be walked far but by building up their exercise slowly they can eventually go all day.
Ah that's great
Definitely a breed I am looking in to!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 03:18 PM
I have a friend in the UK who works with Whippet Rescue she told me they are very happy to doss on the sofa for extended periods of time too.

Now everything I read about Minpins said they were one of the most 'energetic' breeds on earth. But my minpin is happy to doze in the sun or lie on the sofa for long periods (has little spurts of busy busy activity - moving her toys about and just generally looking like she's 'going somewhere' and 'has lots to do'.

But then I do take her for quite a long walk every day and usually early on (before 9am) and we are often out for 2hrs or more so that probably helps with her being settled afterwards. She goes out for two shorter walks after that - mainly to pee - just around a few blocks but if we meet anyone out we will sometimes go longer on the last one. She'd be happy to be out and about all day but is also happy to settle down once she's been out.

When my DiL is here she will take her on 8 and 10km walks with her and when the guy upstairs had her for 3wks recently he took her running with him every morning. Said there was only one day she didn't want to run. She didn't seem to expect me to carry it on when I got back (tough luck if she did my running days are long gone).
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Awww she sounds lovely! I love seeing the pics of her, so cute!

The long walk probably does tire her out yeah!

In reading up a bit more about greyhounds, the walk:sleep ratio seems to be quite similar to Alfie's.... possibly a good match there then!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2