Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sierra52703
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2005, 11:03 AM

Dog's ears

I got my corso's ears cropped a week ago. Today I took the taping off to re-do it, it was really lose and falling out of one ear. And to my suprise they are standing up perfect. So should I leave them untapped till they start falling down (if they do) or just retape them till I get the stiches out on friday? Just wanting some advice. Thanks in advance for any tips.
ashley
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I would retape them, and get an Elizabethan Collar for the dog to stop her scratching at her ears when they start to itch. Until they are completely healed.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah I would go on the safe side and leave them taped, or if your still unsure seek the advice of the vet.

How is the pup doing, is he recovering quickly? Looking forward to see him with the new look I bet he will look fab.
sierra52703
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Laura
I actually just sent you a pm. He is recovering great. The day he got them done, he acted normal. He has not really shown that they are bothering him at all. As soon as the stiches are out I will post some photos. But from what I can see right now, his ears look so good. I am really pleased with the cut. It just sucks because his ears need to be cleaned, from the surgery and the tappings but we can not wash them till the stiches come out. At least its only a few more days. How are your dogs doing? Apollo (corso) just turned 11 weeks today and hes about 25-28lbs I would say. I am not sure how good my scale is, it fluctuates.
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-04-2005, 12:24 PM
I would retape them just to be on the safe side