Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Thank you, "AOL pal" Liz!

My good pal Liz phoned me last night, from her home in Cheshire. She appears to have a computer going a-begging, and would I be interested?

A Mac G5 dual processor! THE Mac to have! "Faster than a rat up a greasy pipe", it runs at 1.8 GHz and will wipe the floor with just about anything else on the market! The computer of my dreams!

I've been sitting here using a Mac G3 iBook laptop running at 500 MHz, and thinking it was fast (it is, when compared to the Snorri Mansions "Big Mac" - a G3 of ancient vintage which can manage only 266 MHz) - this machine is going to revolutionize e-life in the Twilight Zone!

Liz, if it was yourself who used my Dogweb referral link, and you're reading this - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Snorri
xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Now there's a happy man - congrats Snorri - I wish you well to use it xx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
It ought to be able to make DVDs from the video clips that my digicam can shoot! Always assuming that I can master the software, that is! I have the facility to make fully edited movies on the laptop (although I haven't mastered iMovies yet ) but he laptop won't burn them, anyway. The G5 will do it, though.........

"What's on the telly tonight, dear?"
"Two Border Collies tearing up seaweed!"

Snorri
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Never had much to do with Macs, but everyone I know who has one LOVES it! The dual processor bit sounds awesome!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Macs tend to have that effect on people (other than my argumentative pal Frank) - when I did my IT course (NVQ level 1), it was my first experience of a computer (1998 - we used W97, I think). When the Snorri Mansions "Big Mac" arrived, I did have to unlearn all the Windows stuff, but it was worth it. Since the acquisition of a Mac, my coimputer "skills" (?) have increased many, many times.

Macs are very stable and long-lived (the Big Mac is nearly 9), and are less prone to viruses and hacking (probably because the ******s who make viruses can't be bothered making something that doesn't attack Windows). They are also very robust physically - this laptop has had some unfortunate experiences with dogs and has survived collisions that might have destroyed a PC.

The dual processor IS awesome - apparently it has something like a dozen fan units to keep it cool!

Mrs S' son-in-law has one and wouldn't change it for the world!

Snorri