Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kpbraeunin
New Member!
Male 

08-04-2017, 05:25 PM

Golden Retriever Killed By Negligient Dog Walker

Connor was a super sweet Golden Retriever. Thousands of people viewed him on [a social network] Live when he ran away from the dog sitter. He tragically was hit by a car and killed. The owner hired a national dog sitting company and entrusted him to their care. Multiple mistakes were made the cost him his life including leaving the front door open when arriving and chasing a scared dog through the house. I don't wish this pain on anyone. Please make sure you meet your dog walker and they meet your dog no matter how nice your dog is. My dog never meet someone he didn't like for 6 years. This is the one time that he was spooked.

https://jeremy.press/2017/03/29/owne...eft-door-open/
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-04-2017, 07:18 PM
Terrible tragedy.
SusieRainbow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Hello Kraig,

Although your hurting you need to stay strong @kpbraeunin . Would your Golden Retriever Connor have wanted you to feel sorry for yourself, I doubt it. Move on and make everyday worth while from now on. Life is too short.

It sounds like I am being extra hard on you I ain't. Just saying Connor wouldn't have wanted you like this.

Hope you aren't feeling too rough,

Susie

x
Bumblesnout
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2017, 11:00 AM
The grieving process is different for every individual one never gets over the loss of our beloved dogs completely
No one can put a time limit on grief
SusieRainbow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Bumblesnout View Post
The grieving process is different for every individual one never gets over the loss of our beloved dogs completely
No one can put a time limit on grief
Hi,

Don't get me wrong I know how long and arduous the procedure is I am just pointing out that Colin wouldn't have wanted Kraig to grief for him.

Susie

x
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by kpbraeunin View Post
Connor was a super sweet Golden Retriever. Thousands of people viewed him on [a social network] Live when he ran away from the dog sitter. He tragically was hit by a car and killed. The owner hired a national dog sitting company and entrusted him to their care. Multiple mistakes were made the cost him his life including leaving the front door open when arriving and chasing a scared dog through the house. I don't wish this pain on anyone. Please make sure you meet your dog walker and they meet your dog no matter how nice your dog is. My dog never meet someone he didn't like for 6 years. This is the one time that he was spooked.
I have every sympathy for your loss.
I know I would be devastated too.
And I would blame myself.

Now and again we have had to be away for several hours a day but we have had a friendly neighbour look in on Max, our dog, from time to time and let him into the back garden for whatever he needed to go.

Had I been in a situation where I anticipated the need of a professional dog walker I probably wouldn't have got the dog. But life moves on.

A little addendum. We were doing a bit of work in our front yard. I let Max out of the front gate and he settled down on the common green that we face on to. The kids latched on to him and he laps it up. I asked one of the girls, about ten now, if she would like to walk Max up to the end of the green. I did tell her it might not work. It didn't.

She clicked the lead on and Max went all of five yards before he laid down in that "not going anywhere" pose.
Max has known and played with her for the better part of two years.

Where am I going with this?
My dog, as friendly and gentle as he is, won't go off even with somebody he knows.

A dog walker would be a non starter.
SusieRainbow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Where am I going with this?
My dog, as friendly and gentle as he is, won't go off even with somebody he knows.

A dog walker would be a non starter.

Hi,

Very interesting story with a great moral. Just shows how loyal dogs are.

Kind Regards,

Susie

x