Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 06:20 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, June 18

Good Morning everyone, all fed up and sick of this weather we are having and cannot blame you I am equally fed up with it all.

Lynn, hope Dillon's hole hasn't filled up and made you a small fish pond!

Harvey do hope Rhiannon is ok, poor old girl.

June, hope your back and that of Zen are both much improved. Zen certainly has it in for the floor of the kennel. Do you call them kennels I know they are more than that!

Griff, I think you mum like you and your dad is also suffering stress and is tired of all the work going on as you all are.

Nippy Jen, just hope the strawberries will come back to bloom again, otherwise little Kyle will need to shown what not to pick, bless her.

We have had more rain but clear at the moment fingers crossed, certainly fed up with it all. Is there some mischief at loose in the world?

Brenda, good luck with the elephant today, lol. I love the ridgebacks they are beautiful dogs.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2016, 07:36 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Ha ha Moyra haven't checked but I think the hole is still a hole and not a fish pond. We had torrential here during the night again. Plus Gorden either has hay fever or a cold not sure which I do know it kept me awake so at midnight I gave up and slept in the spare bed.
Miserable looking day here so far hoping it will cheer up. Not much on though except wait for the verdict on the Mazda's mot.

Hoping Rianna is perkier today Harvey.
griff hoping mum is a little less stressed today which will help your stress levels. You telling us about your copycat neighbour reminded me of when I was a little girl. Mum would buy me a new coat or dress and after my first trip out in it the neighbours daughter would have the same one. Mum got so fed up in the end whenever we went out in the car with dad at the weekend in a new outfit I was straight from the back door into the car and made to lie down on the back seat so the neighbour couldn't see what I was wearing new.
Oh dear bless Kyla, hope you get some strawberries Nippy Jen.
There use to be a lady in Harlow who walked on the fields where we lived had two Ridgebacks gorgeous dogs. They need to know whose boss though from what she was saying.

Hope everyone is well today including all four legged friends.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Overcast here and looks as if will rain later. Nothing planned for today(as usual) WE got our 3 seat settee back last evening and they did a great job on the repair on the split seat seam. They also repacked the seat inside at a lot lower cost than we were given to believe.

repaired seam

Looks like new again

The 2 seat is on the other side of the room

And you can see who uses that the most
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Good morning

Fingers crossed for the MOT Lynn and hope it is only hay fever that Gorden has got as you don't need to get a cold.

Hope it brightens u for you Morya

Dull here this morning but still very warm. Teazle walked and not a soul about bliss. My only plan today is to tidy Teazle when her feet are dry and then sit an read.

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Morning all
Moyra, I am sure summer is just round the corner!!!!
Lynn, that did make me laugh about your old neighbour
Sue and Tumbleweed, good job done on the sofa...looks very comfy
Harvey, hope Rianna is o.k and not poorly
My brother is coming today...just what I need lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Lynn hope all goes well with the MOT and Griff hope all is well and that your brother doesn't give you any anx. God bless.

PS. hope Gorden is only suffering with hay fever and a few antihistamines solve his problem.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Garage just rung car failed excessive wear on the ball joints that's it. Not sure if there will be any advisories they haven't said.
So main dealer it seems was scaremongering and trying to get us to spend loads of money.
Booked in for Tuesday but they will ring and confirm the price Monday. She reckoned £100 for the ball joints, plus the mot and they may well remember to put the low loader cost on there too. So all within the budget we were expecting I think.
They are happy to keep it there when the work is done till Saturday when there will be two of us to collect it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Good afternoon all.
Moyra I am with you on the subject of weather. I was so cold just now it took me nearly 20 minutes to get into a pair of tights It would have been easier to have put on some trousers rather than a skirt, but hey it's summer!
Lynn pleased that the car wasn't as bad as you had feared.
griff have fun with your brother, I think I would be as thrilled as you sound if my bro was coming here.
I have explained to Kyla that it is the middle part of the flower that grows into a strawberry and to only pick daisies from the grass. I think she understood!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Good news about the mot then Lynn. I had my renewal for car insurance when I got back from training this morning. Not sure how I will cope as it has gone up by wait for it £1.50
The elephant is beautiful and so gentle. Huge paws. Give me a big dog any day. No offence to those with smaller ones. Mind you when Sara and I went for a brief walk round the Saturday market we met a beautiful newfie. Now he was big but also soft as butter. He did like leaning. Grey and overcast here. Have a good rest of day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Quite grey and overcast here. Watched Sharpe this morning, then did everyone's walks, by the time I got back from the 3rd I was like a wet rag, its very close. Have had a lovely shower, washed my hair and going to have a siesta I think.
I'm surprised the excessive wear on the ball joints wasn't an advisory on its last MOT,Lynn. You haven't done that many miles and I would put that down to the previous owners, hence it should have been on advisory and really been sorted out before they sold it you.
Hoping Rianna is OK, she was eating comfrey for a reason, and I think with her not being so clever you need to find out what the reason is.
Zen had a short walk round today, and I started to make inroads into the part of me she wouldn't let me touch.She seems still a bit sensitive on the top of her back near her tail and am going to keep an eye on that, if she's still iffy about it, another call to Katherine I think. It could settle down and just be soreness,she was limping slightly today, but nothing like she was at the beginning of all this. I'll introduce the longer walk starting Monday.
Nippy, put some trousers on if you're feeling cold, doesn't matter what the calendar says it is, the weathers been up the wall for a while now, girls have started another moult, so no idea what is going to happen next
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >