register for free

Dog News

Just plain cruelty in the name of training

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ibunal-5852210

"After he was awarded compensation in court, Mr Ormsby said: "It's all being about justice, I feel like justice has been served"

Only in part I would say as you can bet your bottom dollar that the cruelty carries on

Your comments and views:
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2015, 05:12 AM
The whole dominance theory given much praise by a smiling Mexican has led to some very bad training techniques re-emerging.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Good for him standing up to the cruel barstewards. Such a shame he had to leave the dog behind and how awful to think they are allowed to train that way.
He deserves every penny of his compensation lets hope it also instigates an investigation into the other handlers.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2015, 06:43 AM
More than likely it will carry on as they were not named and shamed.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Dorrit - that's very harsh re CM - I have never seen him punching a dog in the face or anywhere else for that matter.

However, I totally agree that the treatment of this poor dog is absolutely disgusting. I remember many years ago when i was out walking Hal that a man with a german shepherd told me how the police used to beat their dogs with chains to "toughen them up and make them aggressive".

Appalling, and I truly hope this is no longer the case.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Ah gnasher you haven't seen the videos then of what he does. Dreadful man.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2015, 10:56 AM
What I can't understand is why anyone who doesn't have an empathy for dogs and understanding of them is working with them in the first place (white teeth TV entertainer excluded, he just saw an available niche and slipped into it )
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2015, 11:05 AM
How do they get a way with it! The b@stards should be prosecuted.
He must be worried sick about the dog he left behind.
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Gnasher.
CM has no formal training or qualifications. His methods are wrong choke and pinch collars not to mention elctric shock collars and his methods are dubious . So much so that he was banned from giving a tour/ demo in Germany as his methods break their cruelty laws.
Take a look on youtube at the outtakes from his show.. the stuff that doesnt make tv..

Sorry dont want to go off topic , but I do think the popularity of this trainer has led to a lot of misuse of dominance based training methods

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top