Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2020, 06:02 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 18th June, 2020

Good morning all. very cloudy and overcast this morning. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well, your four legged friends too. God bless.

Kelly hope you have managed to sort your mum out and she is now on the road to recovery.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2020, 06:52 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Raining here, we do need it but with a viewing this afternoon just hope it is dry and they take their shoes off. Most of them do. Trying to keep the carpets clean. bg!! Off to do more searching for someone to take my boxes of items that are for charity. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2020, 06:54 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Oh dear Griff the treatment of your mum is disgraceful and I think you need to complain the the highest authority within the NHS. I would seem to me that it is a case of out of sight out of mind. I am surprised the care home has not been more thoughtful in getting her the the care she needs. Hope today is a bit quieter for you

Hope Dillon is still pain free Lynn

Sorry to hear your strawberries are nearly out Harvey Still have a lot on my plants but only seem to be able to pick two or three a day which won't feed the three of us

Raining this morning but won't complain too hard as the gardens certainly need it.

Hope all are well

HVE A GOOD DAY AND STAY SAFE.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2020, 07:30 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Well what a wet morning, I got soaked just feeding the birds. No walks today unless it stops later and doesn't become to hot.
Poor brother over in Downham had a terrible afternoon the wind was so strong it was blowing the flooding from the rain up the steep incline on their road. So whoever was on the downward part of the incline probably got flooded.
He could hear it coming up his toilet so had to go outside take off the manhole cover to allow it to flood out and relieve the pressure else they would of been flooded.
I also saw parts of Upwell and Outwell where we used to live some of the roads were flooded.
Fingers crossed ours drains away.
Dillon still seems to be pain free thank you Sue. He has had a touch of hayfever but the piriton seems to of sorted that. He sounded very congested and had a slight cough but seemed to pick up yesterday after a 2nd dose of piriton.
He struggles badly with the heat and humidity now worse than he did last year when we said we wouldn't take another Summer away with him he is better off at home with fans etc., It means we can't go out together as he can't be expected to walk and take car rides in the heat and humidity we seem to be getting now.
Other than that he is doing well for his age.

griff poor mum and you, you need to take care of yourself I know it's hard when your the only one doing anything for her but please try to get some rest.
Harvey hope the headaches have gone.
brenda good luck with the viewing.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Hello eveyone

Rained all night and didn't stop until about 11am here, the garden got a good soak which was much needed.

Griff, as mentioned above, complain to anyone you can about your Mum, she has been badly treated and I can't think of why they would do this to her. I think a letter to your MP would be appropriate in the circumstances.

No headaches yesterday or today so maybe just one of those things. My BP is sometimes higher than it should be so that might be the cause.

Lynn - So happy to read about Dillon long may those pills work and he not be in pain.

Bye for now.