Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2016, 06:08 AM

Daily Thread. Wednesday 17th August

Good Morning all,

Harvey I am glad you man will look into the swan problem with the farmer of the field and the trouble with all the thick reeds etc.

Yesterday's thread was very quiet not a lot to comment on. June I am sorry Zen has taken to further destruction, she is obviously bored and probably her new teeth are giving her trouble?

Hope everyone is ok, take care have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2016, 07:16 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very warm already and Dillon and I jsut back from a walk. He didn't want to go far as Gorden was home and didn't come with us. He is popping out in a bit with Mark.
He wanted a stroll down the orchard no geese yet still in bed as are the chickens. One dog walker I know who was in front of us the other day had the geese chase her and he happened to be out there and shooed them on their way. We followed and they didn't bother with us. He was about and they did try to follow us up the steps.
Gorden hung around for a few minutes and the owner was hovering but didn't interact at all and kept out of the way enough not to make eye contact or have a chat. Jane the walker who was in front was surprised as it would of been a good opportunity for a chat and some nicetities.
He has just confirmed my thoughts he doesn't like dogs and dog walkers.
Anyway all clear for Dillon and I today. Which made me happy.

Hope Zen hasn't been up to her demolition antics overnight June.
Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2016, 07:22 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Good that you had a good walk with no geese Lynn. I agree good opportunity missed for him to build bridges but obviously not interested.

Hope Zen hasn't done any more demolition work on the kennel June.

Have a quiet day Moyra.

Lovely here today just off out with Teazle and then nothing planned. My nothing day ended with Barry suggesting I cut back a tree and me saying lets take it down. He agreed after two years Don't know what it is but too big and in the wrong place now just to kill the stump and dig it out . Will have to have a think of what to put in its place.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2016, 08:28 AM
DARWIN POST (Last Tuesday), Woman saves herself in Crocodile attack using a small Walking Stick.

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a walking stick against a fierce predator.

Here is her story in her own words:

"While out walking along the edge of a creek just outside of our house in Darwin, with my soon to be ex-husband discussing our property settlement, Kids and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 5 metre. Crocodile which suddenly emerged from the murky water and began charging at us very fast with its large jaws wide open.

The Croc must have been protecting her young and her home because she was extremely aggressive.

If I had not had my little $5. Dollar Reject shop walking stick with me, I would not be here today!

Just one Hard Wack to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took....The' Croc got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

The amount I saved in lawyer’s fees was really incredible and I got the lot.

ps:- I luv that Croc
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Just wicked. Made me laugh and just wish there was a croc round here. Oh sorry thats my husband. Just back from the opticians and nope don't need glasses. Hope all are having a good morning so far. Very warm out there. bfn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Bl**dy hell Tumbleweed that made me laugh thanks you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Absolutely wonderful, thank you Barry
All fine this morning, there doesn't seem to be any sort of discernible pattern to her forays in destruction mode. Doing the rest of the week on the park with her where we are playing with the ball and doing simple training exercises. Next week, as long as there isn't a monsoon in between times, I'll take her on the river on her own so she can run about in the water and make a start on building her muscle back up ready for some walking.
Nothing much on today, walks with girls, need to make a start on painting the big house ready for winter, may give it a wash and brush up, then start on using my engine oil and wood stuff on it, do an hour a day so I don't finish myself off
Felt quite cool this morning, sky is now blue with white cloud.
Sue you should have said you had a tree needing to go I would have popped Zen on the train for you
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Just wicked. Made me laugh and just wish there was a croc round here. Oh sorry thats my husband. Just back from the opticians and nope don't need glasses. Hope all are having a good morning so far. Very warm out there. bfn.
Me too Brenda, me too!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey I am glad your man will look into the swan problem with the farmer of the field and the trouble with all the thick reeds etc.
Hi Moyra, don't hold your breath it's so badly congested that the slightest excess rain such as we had recently and the whole field is flooded, part of it is permanent bog One reason why the local angling people don't go there. I like it because I know where it's safe to walk and I rarely see anyone Just going to do a quick scan and be back tonight, see you then.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
DARWIN POST (Last Tuesday), Woman saves herself in Crocodile attack using a small Walking Stick.

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a walking stick against a fierce predator.

Here is her story in her own words:

"While out walking along the edge of a creek just outside of our house in Darwin, with my soon to be ex-husband discussing our property settlement, Kids and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 5 metre. Crocodile which suddenly emerged from the murky water and began charging at us very fast with its large jaws wide open.

The Croc must have been protecting her young and her home because she was extremely aggressive.

If I had not had my little $5. Dollar Reject shop walking stick with me, I would not be here today!

Just one Hard Wack to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took....The' Croc got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

The amount I saved in lawyer’s fees was really incredible and I got the lot.

ps:- I luv that Croc
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >