Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Junior handlers

I know that a few people have expressed that their children would like to have a go at junior handling so I have an offer if anyone is interested.

I show my crossbreeds at conformation shows just for crosses and mongrels and my daughter worked very hard with Willow (Akita x GSD) and was extremely successful in the Junior Handling classes as well as the conformation and fun classes. Unfortunately, she is now too old to compete in Junior and works weekends so is unable to come to the shows.

If there are any budding Juniors (or anyone else that would like to have a go at showing at a very 'fun' level) Willow is available when I am at the shows.

The first one is at Tattershall in Lincolnshire on 27 April so if anyone would like to join me there they are more than welcome (the old girl loves to show and is a breeze to handle so is ideal for any inexperienced handler).
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 08:30 PM
what a lovely offer, I hope you get plenty of takers..well done
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 08:53 PM
That is really nice of you, I hope you find a handler
Kelly1966
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2008, 08:58 PM
My child would love to but cant get her there
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks for your replies. She loves showing so much it's a shame for her to miss out. I take Meeka as Willow is really Alyson's dog so I can't handle her too so if there are any takers they are doing me a favour too

It doesn't have to be just juniors either, she can take part in loads of the other classes if there is anyone interested in having a go
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 01:48 PM
not going to Linclon but if you are around at any shoes we may go to I may have a child here who could be interested!
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
not going to Linclon but if you are around at any shoes we may go to I may have a child here who could be interested!
Hi Ramble,

I'll put up the dates/shows as they come up (I'll give plenty of time) and then if they are near you we can get together.

If there are any shows that you are going to (they will have to be companion/fun cos she's a mutt ), if you let me know I'll see if I can get there with her.

Chellie
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 10:37 AM
That is a lovely offer. What age group is "Junior". My 12 year old would love to show - but Sydney is a bit too wilful for him on the showground and usually tries to get out and back to her "mum and dad".

If you are able to post the dates, if you are near enough would love to take you up on your offer.
Jo x
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
That is a lovely offer. What age group is "Junior". My 12 year old would love to show - but Sydney is a bit too wilful for him on the showground and usually tries to get out and back to her "mum and dad".

If you are able to post the dates, if you are near enough would love to take you up on your offer.
Jo x
Hi,

The junior classes are split into 2. One is 7 - 10 and the other is 11 - 16.

I post the dates in the Companion Show section but if there is one that you are going to let me know and if I can get there I will.