Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MAQ
New Member!
Male 

07-12-2006, 12:58 PM

Anyone any experience.......... ......

..................with tescos pet insurance?

ive been through the motions with most of the online quotes and by far the best quote that ive had has been with morethan for my boy at £11.04 ish per month, and their level of cover is second to non that im aware of.

But just as a thought i tried tesco. I have three pets to insure (Louis and two cats) and although morethan were good prices, the total would be about £26.00 per month.

So after inputting all the details i was quite surprised to find that the premium for the three of them would be £16.51 or £20.53 if i opted for the increased cover (Which gives you upto £4000 per treatment as opposed to the standard at £2500)

Im really pleased with the quote even though i know that the comparison between cover is still quite different. This is the reason behind my initial question................."Does anyone have any experience with Tesco Pet Insurance"?

any comments or help would be great
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
dont know about tesco insurance except they were to expensive for me.

have you looked at argos pet insurance?
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 02:17 PM
i looked for ages for insurance for my babies,the best i found was with healthy pets,the insuance is provided by axa,the total cost for my 2 dogs is #16.50 per month and i get a cover of #5000 for medical treatment.They also cover for advertisment if my 2 go missing and many other things,if you take out the gold cover they pay direct to the vet which is always a great help and weight off your mind.Touch wood i will never have to use it,but if i do im confident that i have a great policy.They have been very helpful any time i have contacted them with any questions i have.

have a look at them -

www.healthypets.com
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 02:50 PM
is the 4000 per treatment, per year or is it that once you have used 4000 for one ailment that is it? That is one of the things I make sure of, cuz there are plenty out there who cover that amount per treatment per year but quite a few where it doesn't start over again each yr. I would check that out first.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2006, 05:07 PM
My friend was with Tescos but they took ages to pay out so she changed to Pet Plan.

Anyone tried Buddies Pet insurance http://www.bdmlconnect.co.uk/pet/sch...ages/index.htm
they keep sending me details even though I have never heard of them...might be worth a look
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I have one with Tescos and have been pleased with it so far
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 07:03 PM
the 5000 on my policy is per year
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 10:00 AM
hi i am with buddies and i have 5 dogs i have made a claim from them for 1 of my girls who broke her leg and they was great paid out in 2wks, and all the time i am with them they cover all illness for life which i thought was great. i pay 10.50 month for 1 dog on silver cover i would recommended them my family all use them as well.
bullterrier
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I`m with MORE THAN for my dogs, they`ve paid up every time without fail. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, the cheapest doesn`t neccesarily give the cover you will need. The most expensive probably charges far to much. I had a good look around, TESCOS and a few others,read the small print (tried not to fall asleep) and MORE THAN appeared to be the best.